BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
dodulik,
Welcome to the BassBarn.Com,Glad To Have You Aboard Here.Enjoy The Site...

Look For Weakfish In April (depending on the weather it can be at anytime)into May and June..

Good Luck This Season To You.......

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Originally posted by BottomBouncer:
Just follow NightStrikes around! When he pulls out the light gear with a pink finesse you know its time ;) :D
LOL :D ,Soon my friend.Let's put it this way I am cleaning my 7'IMX and spooling the reel that goes with it with 15lb Power Pro this weekend.. ;)

[ 04-07-2006, 02:41 PM: Message edited by: NIGHTSTRIKES ]

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
Originally posted by NIGHTSTRIKES:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by BottomBouncer:
Just follow NightStrikes around! When he pulls out the light gear with a pink finesse you know its time ;) :D
LOL :D ,Soon my friend.Let's put it this way I am cleaning my 7'IMX and spooling the reel that goes with it with 15lb Power Pro this weekend.. ;) </font>[/QUOTE]I hope to run into you on the sod banks this year. I will keep a look out for your jeep!

·
Registered
31,677 Posts
Originally posted by BottomBouncer:
PLEASE LET US KNOW THE EXACT TIME - DATE - AND WHERE. I HAVE NEVER CAUGHT A BIG TIDE RUNNER.

SEEMS LIKE NIGHTSTRIKES IS THE MAN TO FOLLOW.

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Hey Frank, Not Too Many Last Year,Only A Couple And I Really Had To Work For Them..Hopeing for better numbers this year but even hooking into a few makes my Spring...

See You Around Soon...

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Hey Steve and Frank, i think you guys are right about the #'s of large fish going to be available this coming spring, i caught 6 last year and the size ranged from 10 to 13 1/2 lbs, i think there will be even fewer fish this spring but I'm looking to break that 15lb mark this year, but i think after what we saw last fall the summer weakfishing should bounce back a bit and continue to get better in the years to come, maybe those nights of the late 90's will be back in the next 5 years, we can all hope right! Jim

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
Late April last year I got into them. Ended up with 8 I think, all over 10 lbs. Think it "may" be earlier this year, but whats a few weeks anyway. BottomBouncer, maybe I'll see you around ;) Chris, I'll see you when they show up.

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
The Edge,
Its just not a night game,I have taken big weakfish off jetties in the mornings with bright sunshine bucktailing.Also a great bait in the backbays is cut sheddar crab during late spring early summer in the mornings before the boat traffic gets to crazy...

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
Originally posted by NIGHTSTRIKES:
The Edge,
Its just not a night game,I have taken big weakfish off jetties in the mornings with bright sunshine bucktailing.Also a great bait in the backbays is cut sheddar crab during late spring early summer in the mornings before the boat traffic gets to crazy...
Thanks Strikes, I'll have get down there on a weekday this Spring, traffic in OC drives everything away on the weekends.

·
Registered
723 Posts
hey steve dont you think with the difference in the amount of rains so far that when the big fish show they may stay due to higher numbers of bait in the back. of course as i am typing this its pouring rain . i hope to see less rain then last year.

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Originally posted by The Edge:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by NIGHTSTRIKES:
The Edge,
Thanks Strikes, I'll have get down there on a weekday this Spring, traffic in OC drives everything away on the weekends. </font>[/QUOTE]Yep,set those baits just off the sodbanks about a hour before sunrise and usually you'll have until 8AM or so for your bite for the big ones..
Good Luck,,

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Originally posted by CLAMCHUNKER:
hey steve dont you think with the difference in the amount of rains so far that when the big fish show they may stay due to higher numbers of bait in the back. of course as i am typing this its pouring rain . i hope to see less rain then last year.
Exactly Shawn,the past few springs have been very wet and windy and that might very well have alot to due with it.Either effecting the fish or the fishermen.I will take a muggy/buggy night anytime when I am Spring Weakfishing..

·
Registered
723 Posts
i am with you on that steve alot of my more productive nights i have been attacked by no seeum's.maybe this year i will run into you.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
ya ,i have been thinking about those tiderunners all winter,any day now!!nothing like a 10# weak on small gear :D nightstrikes can't wait to see those slobs you get this year.good fishin matt

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
The Edge, I have not caught any at night in a while. I fish daytime 99% of the time. I do construction so I'm off a lot :D Rain, no work etc. Weekends are hard with traffic, and more people. Having said that, the last Sat in April last year was raining, and cold. Went to "see" if anything around. Caught 2 out of 5 hook-ups :D Saw 1 other fish caught out of about 10 guys at a well known spot. With the moon and other fish coming a little early, maybe the weakies too? agree with the light tackle too. Using a 2500 Stradic with 10# pp on a light G.Loomis rod. 99% of the time I got a chartruse jighead with a 5 3/4" pinkie. Makes for a lot of fun.

[ 04-08-2006, 02:45 PM: Message edited by: on the hook ]

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.