BASS BARN banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ray is the vice president of our fly club and I gotta tell you...this guy is very consistant when it comes to getting on fish. You should check him out...his prices are excellent! Ray is freindly and laid back and has a sweet Scout Bay Boat. Here is a fish from tonight...popping fly.

·
Registered
8,050 Posts
Thanks for the kind words Keith. Guess this makes you may agent or something. Been on a roll had another good night last night, even with all the wind. Picture of nice bass, charter caught on popping plug last night.
Congradulation on landing that teaching job. Welcome to the real world.

·
Registered
11,236 Posts
Ray just hope he don't get like Mullaney :D Capt Timmay had to get a restraining order to keep him out of Cape May. ;) :D At least with a guy like Hip on your arse you will be able to run away because he has reflexes by cat but body by bull :D

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know a lot of people dont go to the fly forum so i wanted to showcase yo skills ma nizzle! Thanks. I am excited to start in Sept.

Chum, No worries. I propositioned Ray last year but he just wanted to be freinds...I guess I can handle that ;)

·
Registered
8,050 Posts
Marlin sounds exciting on fly rod. When I go out with my buddies on the big boat we always stop at the pots, for some dolphin action on the fly. Have picked on some small yellow fin and skippies on a 9 weight rod, but it is pushing it. I keep threating to gear up for whites and get some heavier wt stuff. We use naturals all the time and with the limited number of opportunities anymore it is hard play games when they are sucking down bally.

·
Registered
11,236 Posts
I had some flies that were made to be like chunks of butterfish. They were really nice the fly was about 4" and flat in the back like it was cut in half. They worked great, marlin tries I have a few streamers to throw out while trolling. ;) I don't have a dolphin yet, actually I haven't tried yet. :cool:

·
Registered
8,050 Posts
Dolphin are the easiest. Pull up to a pot with dolphins. Throw about a dozen one inch chunks of butter fish, bally whatever. It gets them all aggressive and throw a small streamer, clouser, just about anything and they will woof it down. The are the next best thing to catching whites on 20lb light tackle.

·
Registered
21,273 Posts
Originally posted by THECHUMSTAIN:
Ray just hope he don't get like Mullaney :D Capt Timmay had to get a restraining order to keep him out of Cape May. ;) :D At least with a guy like Hip on your arse you will be able to run away because he has reflexes by cat but body by bull :D
Luckily for TIMMAY he has triples on the back so he can take off when he see's me coming in my kayak :D

·
Registered
21,273 Posts
Originally posted by THECHUMSTAIN:
I hope he can join me when I go after the tuner again with the whippin stick. ;) Its been 4 years since I longrodded a tuner, I am ready again and maybe a marlin this year too. :eek: :cool:
I have the gear too - just need tuners in the slick and hang on!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.