BASS BARN banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Striper season is here so i thought i might see different prefrences-
In different areas, do fish bite differently on different tides?
Will you generally catch fish at all times, or will they just bite at low tide or high tide?

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
flyfisher135 said:
Striper season is here so i thought i might see different prefrences-
In different areas, do fish bite differently on different tides?
Will you generally catch fish at all times, or will they just bite at low tide or high tide?
Tide will affect the water temperature, water clarity and cleanliness and different spots will fish better on different tides. One spot may fish well the second half of the outgoing early spring, then incoming will be better at the spot in early summer. You really have to put time in to find which tide your spots fish best because there is no real rule to follow at all locations.

Right now I would concentrate on the second half of an outgoing just after dark.

RyanF

·
Registered
713 Posts
good answer

RyanF said:
Tide will affect the water temperature, water clarity and cleanliness and different spots will fish better on different tides. One spot may fish well the second half of the outgoing early spring, then incoming will be better at the spot in early summer. You really have to put time in to find which tide your spots fish best because there is no real rule to follow at all locations.

Right now I would concentrate on the second half of an outgoing just after dark.

RyanF
That answer pretty much sums up this thread.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Try to think about what that movement of water is going to do to the fish. For example, if you have a large creek full of bait that empties into a deep channel through a narrow mouth, you can practically bet there will be fish stacked up right there on a strong outgoing tide, probably hiding behind some sort of current break.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Flyguy784 said:
My favorite saying regarding tides is " I don't let the tide tell me when to fish, I let it tell me where".
exactly

RyanF

·
Registered
33 Posts
Being we are on about tides. Could any one give me a hint on slack tide in the canal in Point. I would like to know how far off slack tide is to the high tide at the inlet. I was all so told there are 8 slack tides there a day, is this true?

HAPPY EASTER TO ALL!!!!!!:D

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Phil trnr said:
Being we are on about tides. Could any one give me a hint on slack tide in the canal in Point. I would like to know how far off slack tide is to the high tide at the inlet. I was all so told there are 8 slack tides there a day, is this true?

HAPPY EASTER TO ALL!!!!!!:D
not sure, but most tide charts name the point they are based off and have time adjustments for all other areas. It should have four slack tidal periods each period, 2 high and 2 low???? The entire east coast has a semidirunal tide which results in 2 highs and 2 lows per period, and a slack period on each ebb and flood.

The gulf of Mexico has a diurnal tide where they see one high and one low each period and the west coast experiences a mix of dirunal and semidurnal and the tide charts looks crazy!!

RyanF

1 - 9 of 9 Posts