BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've tried surgical, blood, small bimini's looped together---all without much success. It seems the braid still cuts through the mono on a hard pull, I've doubled the lines, I think I have tried everything, I want a windon leader, I'm trying that new method I read about in saltwater sportsman last month, hope it works------------------has anybody had any real success with any particular knot??

·
Registered
217 Posts
Albright knot, is the knot that works for me. Last resort, use a tiny spro swivel in the rating of your choice. Capt Burke, from the "Mad Gaffer" uses his own Knot, and that is super strong and never brakes. I still have not figured out how to tie Cpt. Burkes knot by myself.... yet:)

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
without question, a double uni should do the job

[ 03-09-2006, 08:19 AM: Message edited by: Dr. Bass ]

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
I use double uni all the time. However, PowerPro' direction says to use the double uni with like dia. lines and the Albright with different dia. lines.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Place a piece of 80 dacron on your braid before you tie a loop to act as a cushion against the mono. I use hollow core braid extensively for wind-ons with 60# to 250# mono. It works excellently

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Albright for me also...never a problem and it easier (for me anyway) to tie than the uni to uni...

[ 03-09-2006, 11:24 AM: Message edited by: med ]

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Wow, great response guys, I've tried all the knots except the Albright, but I will now. I have been tieing 30 braided to like 20 floro and it cuts through the floro almost everytime with a big fish on, thanks alot guys, really appreciate it--and what a great site for knots(animatedknots.com), thanks again, Leon

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
uni to uni never fails.
Albright is superior but I can't tie it perfect twice. you can tie a uni to uni in the dark. very helpful

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.