BASS BARN banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was taught to snell a hook a couple of weeks ago by a good friend who also gave me a box of 7/0 hooks for chunking stripers, bought some fluoro leader and swivels and made up a dozen nice rigs. Was looking through some catalogs and was thinking about buying 3 way swivels and snaps, hooks etc. and making up my own flounder rigs using floura leader. Couldn't find the feathered skirts that you find on premade rigs though. Anybody out there tie up thier own flounder rigs? Any tips on where to get those chartruse teasers? Do I need to use them or could I just go with the basic plain hook with maybe one of those rubber squid skirts? Any tips would be appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Hunt When Jims finally opens he carries the rubber skirts and Squid

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Hunt, B2 squids sake some great squid skirts, they are the only thing i use for fluke, get some clevices, and spinner blades, and put them in front of the hook and skirt, and you have a lethal fluke rig.

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
If you need chartuse teaser or any color,please e-mail me, I have a source for getting them.

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
I have seen them from time to time in fishing departments of a few department stores. I like to tie my own rigs. I look for teasers when my wife drags me shopping. Green pink and white are all usally available.

·
Banned
1,057 Posts
if you go to the herring seminar at the sportmans center, they will have them there

·
Registered
92 Posts
SeaHunt, I tie all my own flounder rigs. A lot of stuff I need to make them up I get from catalogs, some from the tackle shop, And even from the craft stores. Which is where I get the beads. They are much cheeper . I use spinner blades, plain hooks, B2 squids, bucktail teasers and beads. I'll use several different colors. Chartruse is a good one. I'll make some of everything. All different combos. Use your imagination. If one rig doesn't work on a particular day I'll try one of the others. Also I use a Mustad Stainless steel wide gape hook. Size3/0 or 2/0. Stainless because if your fishing around structure a lot like I do for Fluke they get hung up sometimes. If they do get hung and the hook gets bent out of shape a little you can just bend it back into shape. Just make sure the point is sharp. You won't go through as many hooks this way. Have fun with it!! Good luck!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts