1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished the AS on Saturday.
Weather was perfect.

Arrived to flat seas.

Fishing started in the morning with a pick of grey tiles.
As the day went on the fishing got better.
Goldens started to chew and come over the rail.
Fished from 400-900'

Fishing was good.
I jigged a couple greys and a golden with a cm220 painted white and 2 oz. red lead head skirt combo.
Rest were on rigs and bait. 2lbs was good for the most part.
Bait used :Salmon, Ocean Perch, Croaker, False albacore, Smooth dog, Squid, Eel, 4 spot fluke, mullet and Ling.

Guy hooked a tuna on a tile rig and was lucky enough to land it.

The canyons are starting to come alive. There were whales, porpoise, and sunfish. Beautiful sight.

Smooth ride home

Kudos to Cap Jim. and crew. Took us out with 16 guys.
Great time fishing on the AS.

Joe-

·
Registered
276 Posts
I may have to get a 2 ounce red eye leadhead! lol Congrats Dennis

·
Registered
62,417 Posts
Great report! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
7,667 Posts
Great job Joe!
I bet you heart started beating a little faster when you eyeballed that Bluefin.

Joe about how big was the BF. ?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Went out on the AS today. Drift was difficult and wind really picked up after noon with fewer tiles then you guys caught yesterday. We did manage to squeak out another bluefin tuna. This one weighed about 110 lbs.
Brian

·
Registered
15,282 Posts
Nice Report. Capt doesn't usually tell you where you are unless you ask and he is feeling generous and then you can't be sure.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Recreation Vertebrate Fishing Fish Fisherman We were in the Baltimore. Not many doggies.They were recycled as bait. Two gentlmen next to me caught a dozen fish between them including the pool fish, guestimated weight about 40 lb. I caught 2 small blue line. Surprise catch of the day, approx100lb BFT.

·
Registered
13,402 Posts
Fished the AS on Saturday.
Weather was perfect.

Arrived to flat seas.

Fishing started in the morning with a pick of grey tiles.
As the day went on the fishing got better.
Goldens started to chew and come over the rail.
Fished from 400-900'

Fishing was good.
I jigged a couple greys and a golden with a cm220 painted white and 2 oz. red lead head skirt combo.
Rest were on rigs and bait. 2lbs was good for the most part.
Bait used :Salmon, Ocean Perch, Croaker, False albacore, Smooth dog, Squid, Eel, 4 spot fluke, mullet and Ling.

Guy hooked a tuna on a tile rig and was lucky enough to land it.

The canyons are starting to come alive. There were whales, porpoise, and sunfish. Beautiful sight.

Smooth ride home

Kudos to Cap Jim. and crew. Took us out with 16 guys.
Great time fishing on the AS.

Joe-
Nice job Joe I'm going to try and get out next Saturday maybe I can talk Rocky into going.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks fellas.

Dennis they work.

Rick I told my friend I was giving up tile fishing and just jigging the rest of the trip when I saw the BF. It didn't happen. Fish went around 50-60lbs.

Brian considering the last couple trips of dogmania they were not bad at all. I had 1 and it went to bait.

Steve we were in the Wilmy or Balt.

Other Brian 110 bf on tile rig?

Sealion get Rocky out there.

Joe-

·
Registered
18 Posts
My friend Bob hooked this tuna on a tile rig just coming off the bottom in 400' of water on Sunday on a whole squid. Another guy had one on at the same time on a jig. The tuna on the jig bent the hook. Here's a picture. 110 lbs is a low estimate on this one. Brian Vertebrate Recreation Fish Fishing Fisherman

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.