BASS BARN banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While looking on line for a good tilefish rod a thought came to me. "Tilefish spinning rod"
I know alot of people hate deep dropping spinning rod for cod and other bottom fish but than you get those people who love it.

What would be everyones opinion on a spinning tilefish rod?
Length?
Guides?
Grip?
Blank?

Also what reel to match with it?

Opinions? Ideas?

·
Registered
279 Posts
Bushido 7'6" nice and stiff but with a soft tip for throwing those big poppers the goldens love to eat.

But seriously, a short jigging rod would be best, 6 guides, paired with a canyon spinner. Pack it with 65lb jb solid and you have a winner

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bushido 7'6" nice and stiff but with a soft tip for throwing those big poppers the goldens love to eat.

But seriously, a short jigging rod would be best, 6 guides, paired with a canyon spinner. Pack it with 65lb jb solid and you have a winner
I agree with the soft tips so you can feel the ever so tiny bite a tilefish makes as he is eating your killie fished on a 25 fluro leader 1 foot infront of your egg sinker. However rod length should be atleast 7ft.

But seriously I think 7ft max length or 6ft6.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.