BASS BARN banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i was talking with one of the guys at work about powering my boat and he brought up the subject of making sure it had power tilt and trim.. i mean im only going to have a 60 horse on the back of my sylvan 16 foot aluminium. its a tiller steer.. but i couldnt figure out what he was talking about..what is tilt and trim,, and what is it used for.. any help would be appreciated.. thanks

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii22/mnmdrake/maidenvoyage214-1.jpg?t=1205667855

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Tilt & Trim pertains to a hydraulic motor on the outboard. A rocker switch is usually built into the throttle controls of the boat. When your boat is moving you use the rocker switch to adjust the angle of the outboard motor on the boat.
Using the trim will help out if your boat is running bow high or bow low. It will let you "trim" out your boat which will help you get up on plane faster & help with gas mileage.

Using the same rocker switch you'll tilt your outboard when your ready to trailer the boat.

Hope this helps.

George

·
Registered
574 Posts
get it, because life is going to be hell if your in the bay without one. Plus, you also can manipulate your top end speed and get a few more mph. Its a MUST in my opinion.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts