BASS BARN banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fellas, went out yesterday behind OC and Somers Pt to do some flattie fishin and the bite seems to have slowed a bit in the back and the water was real dirty. Think it may be time to fish the reefs, what do you guys think? Anybody catching any flounder out there yet? I think ill hit the GE and OC reef next week and see how it goes. Boat traffic inside could be shutting down the bite as well.

·
Registered
682 Posts
I'm still knocking them pretty good in the rivers leading to the lower bay on the De. side.
The skinny water action is still pretty hot, but I am hearing more reports of the fish turning on near the shipping channel in the DB. The dirty water you encountered was most likely the culprit for the slow bite.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
I have had a bad time this year behind Oc. My days off are always after a big rain and dirty water, low tide. Fished today all over the bay and back to kennedy park. Most keepers today were back there, I boated 7 fish and no keepers for me.
The reefs still dont have any flounder in large numbers yet.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Didnt do any fishin today but looked around and seemed people were doing better today in the back than in the past two weeks. And everyone was catching keepers and no throwbacks, no monsters but all keeper sized fish.

RyanF

·
Registered
364 Posts
Fished the garden state south reef yesterday and the fluke are there. I got 6 keepers to 6lbs and 8 seabass to 3lbs. the fluke wanted a b2 squid rig and whole squid for bait. keepers where about 1-1 with throwbacks

·
Registered
15,739 Posts
Fished CM Reef on Saturday. 10 keeper sea bass, plus another dozen throwbacks with most being in the 10-11" range. One keeper fluke at 17.5" and 2 small blues. Steady action for most of the morning then tailed off around noon.

·
Registered
27,561 Posts
Nothing happening @ the OC reef on Sat. One a good note, water was clean and upto 68 degrees

·
Banned
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think it could happen any day now with the water temps rising. Im gonna fish the ocean from now on, getting tired of making a thousand drifts and getting buzzed by jet ski's!!!!

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
Sounds good to me up and over, just as everything is calm and quiet, here they come!!! We had 2 a few weeks ago split us while we were anchored up. They came no more than 20 yards from us and we didn't think twice about getting some lead out!

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
Originally posted by aj bruno:
Nothing happening @ the OC reef on Sat. One a good note, water was clean and upto 68 degrees
We were out there also, not much going on at all. Bunch of doggies and othera ssorted trash fish. Water was nice and there was a freejumping Mako about a mile inside the reef.

·
Registered
682 Posts
I fished the same skinny water spots I did last week. Water temps were 82 degrees at low tide. The flounder fishing stunk. I had one keeper out of two fish. Thursday I tried a spot a little north west of the crossledge looking for trout(where I never catch flounder) and the flounder were there thick. I had my limit of fish in 1.5 hours. Nothing over 22". I think the fish are further north than usual due to the higher salinity in the bay.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts