BASS BARN banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to recall when the sea bass bite picks up on the inshore reefs/structure(i.e. Cape May Reef, Old Grounds).... shouldn't it be soon?:confused:

·
Registered
8,085 Posts
fishingfever said:
I'm trying to recall when the sea bass bite picks up on the inshore reefs/structure(i.e. Cape May Reef, Old Grounds).... shouldn't it be soon?:confused:
We did pretty year before last around Mid to end April...(we only fished twice last year)

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks

Thanks, CapeMay. I thought there was a decent bite in the spring and thought it would have started already. I suppose later in the month might be worth a shot.

Thanks, again.

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
Its also time for the pesky doggies to appear.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Our first trip last year was the third week in April. We did REAL GOOD on nice bass and Tog. Also killed the Dogs! I was going to try on Sunday but my weather curse came up again. Maybe next weekend. i will give it a try

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
one of our favorite wrecks is in 85 ft. It slopes up to 75 on top of the wreck. This is where i plan to start. If nothing there but dogs, i will shoot out farther. I also pla to check some inshore spots for tog. Waiting for a weather break. I was suposed to fish sunday but got blown out. Friday morning might be a window.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
The past 5 years or so the inshore seabass fishing has not been great in the spring, but we used to see them showing up in 90-100 feet right about this time. Not a lot of fish, but lots of nicer fish.

·
Registered
6,282 Posts
captainaaron said:
thanks gumdoc i was going to start at 60 ft have know of a few wrecks close to LEI was going on sunday but you know the weather gods
I was going to try on Sunday also out to about 100' if the weather cooperate give a shout I keep the radio on scan. Boats same as my handle.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts