BASS BARN banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i usually fish Brigantine Beaches but we are staying in Cape May for the week. I am thinking of trying tomorrow in front of the house, next to convention center, until the bathers get there. I want to try the rest of the week over by sunset beach and the lighthouse. Can anyone offer any tips to try to get one on the hook. As of today i couldn't get my hands on any bunker. I have clams but tomorrow afternoon i should be able to get bunker for the bay side. thanks for any help

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
Float some bloods close to the rocks for fluke, striper, or weakies. 2 hours before and 1/2 hour after flood! Korkers are a must

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Float some bloods close to the rocks for fluke, striper, or weakies. 2 hours before and 1/2 hour after flood! Korkers are a must

off the hook has bunker. 8840444. Either plug that area from LH to CS or bunker chunk the bayside. Clam out front

·
Registered
6,334 Posts
try some of the jettys around the point beginning of the incoming is ok, or outgoing in front of the convent KORKERSas fishon said are a must I like to throw bucktails and plastics. Bait try around the gunmounts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks guys. When you say Korkers, are you talking about the boots for walking on the rocks? if so i am unprepared and i will be casting close to the rocks from the sand. I am going to hit up off the hook for some bunker and chunk it on the bayside on wednesday. clam out front tomorrow. thanks again

·
Registered
6,334 Posts
korkers have metal spikes on the bottom to keep you from breaking arms legs and heads on wet rocks if you like to fish the jettys never leave home without them:thumbsup::wave:

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
thanks guys. When you say Korkers, are you talking about the boots for walking on the rocks? if so i am unprepared and i will be casting close to the rocks from the sand. I am going to hit up off the hook for some bunker and chunk it on the bayside on wednesday. clam out front tomorrow. thanks again
Korkers is a company that makes fishing footwear. The name Korkers has become synonymous for metal cleats that strap to the bottom of boots and are essential for fishing jetties. Their version is the best and most widely used. The company also make wading boots with interchangeable soles for fishing different surfaces/conditions. I think the strap-on versions run about $80.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for the info. I went over to Off the Hook bait and tackle. they are great people. They had all the bunker i could want.. thanks for recommending them. they will be my go to spot when I'm down here..

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
thanks for the info. I went over to Off the Hook bait and tackle. they are great people. They had all the bunker i could want.. thanks for recommending them. they will be my go to spot when I'm down here..
Recently laid off until about sept
from construction. Luckily i was fortunate enough to get a job their. They go above and beyonf to make sure EVERY LAST piece of bunker heck bait in general is 100% fresh and they only sell what they would want to be sold. I never realized how much work they do all day long ensuring,checking and inspecting every bunker to make sure their fresh. Theirs a few other shops that im sure do the same that i know of but primo bunker baits is GARUNTEED. Just make it a little easier on yourself by calling and reserving a day or even 2 before. Tight lines

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
CM-- Drive north along the beach to where the road curves back in - north end/poverty beach. Fish a few yards north of that.

CMP -- Alexander Ave. - small parking lot - last jetty at the point(west) it faces the concrete ship. Fish the jetty or either side of it -- west side off jetty is a cove..plant a couple spikes. You might get lucky here if bunker are corraled into the cove..but can pick up some fish even without bunker being corraled. Great spot if there is Northeast wind you want to get out of-- if a strong West wind -- forget about this area - water gets too dirty.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Try the bay side. It is flat so you will need to wade out at low tide. I usually go out 150 yards and then cast. BIG bunker chunks or heads. The bass may have moved on to the front beaches by now, not sure. Like some said, clam out front, bunker in the bay.

·
Registered
4,126 Posts
Try the bay side. It is flat so you will need to wade out at low tide. I usually go out 150 yards and then cast. BIG bunker chunks or heads. The bass may have moved on to the front beaches by now, not sure. Like some said, clam out front, bunker in the bay.
Uhhhh you may want yo look just 2 post above yours. Seems he found out already that they didn't move by yet

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Uhhhh you may want yo look just 2 post above yours. Seems he found out already that they didn't move by yet
He said he caught that in the surf and tomorrow he would try the bay instead. If you fish CMC you know that they come down the Del Bay first and then round the bend and head up (or down) the ocean beaches. My post was in reference to them leaving the Bay which he said he hadn't tried yet. There is a science to timing them down this way imo and if you're good (not just lucky) you are catching. Tight lines!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Dont argue guys, i appreciate all the help and advice. I tried sunset beach in the recommended area this morning. I had a 10/0 hook and used bunker heads, i was going to try the heads first and then the rest of the chunks. I had 5 hard hits but i couldn't get a hook set so i switched to a 8/0 circle hook(the biggest i had) and a 50" sand shark swallowed the entire hook. I bought some fresh bunker and some 10/0 circle hooks at Off The Hook and i will be out there bright and early tomorrow.
ps it seemed like the bite turned off 15 mins after the sun came up. Crazy how it shuts off..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts