BASS BARN banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking for suggestions to replace 4 tires on my Durango. My frontrunner consideration are Michelin LTX m/s 2. I don't do any off road, I do have a 22 ft w/a that I keep at my marina year round, but the possibility of towing is always a possibility.

·
Registered
9,922 Posts
There are some Yokohama Geolanders on the Barn Sale. We had them on our Durango and they were great tires. Quiet, rode nice and were great in ther snow and rain. I never had a problem on a boat ramp with them either.

I don't know the guy selling them so I have no connection to them. If you search Yokohama on here you will see I haev always recomended them.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have replaced the tires on my Durango for the second times now with 265-60-16 Dunlap Rover XT's and thought they were great. First go round I replaced them with 60K miles on them and they still could have gone for another 15 or 20.

I do a lot of highway driving going back and forth from the shore and mountains. In all that time I have never had a flat or any other problems with the tires. I still take the car in for oil changes at 3K intervals and since I brought them at SEARS they rotate them free when I get the oil done.

They were not cheap but keep an eye out for one of the buy 3 get one free sales they often run. Think when I replaced all 4 about 9 mos ago they were close to [email protected] with the road hazard warranty.

Good Luck

·
Registered
14,793 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
tires and prices

I've said it before and I'll say it again, if you need tires for any vehicle, call Dempseys in Mantua ,N.J. Eddie will beat anybody's prices and provide you with great service!!! His cell# is 856-371-6500 = mention that you heard about him from the Bass Barn and he will most definately hook you up! Dennis the Margaritaville The owner is Eddie Dempsey!

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Cooper discoverer atr. Had them on my wife's suv and they were a great all around tire. Price is very reasonable, long life, and quiet. New suv for the wife and the crap stock goodyears are junk. Replacing with coopers this week. About 135 a piece.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I had the Michelin M/S on Silverado, put almost 70,000 miles on them before I sold the truck and the tires still had alot of life in them. Took care of them by rotating every 5-6k. Great traction in rain and snow. They will be my choice when I need tires again. Not cheap but long lasting and great ride.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
What size rubber came on it and how wide are the rims?

I've put bigger rubber on every vehicle I've every owned. They ride and handle better and the tires last longer.

Tell me whats on their now and if you do any off roading. If you do go off road tell me where..

·
Registered
308 Posts
Bridgestone Revo 2 are flat out the best AT tires I have ever had. They are expensive, but well worth it in the long run. My last set were better in the snow with 60K miles on them than most new tires I have had. Your best bet for tire reviews and information is tirerack.com. You can usually find reviews from people that have the same vehicle.

·
Registered
14,793 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've said it before and I'll say it again, if you need tires for any vehicle, call Dempseys in Mantua ,N.J. Eddie will beat anybody's prices and provide you with great service!!! His cell# is 856-371-6500 = mention that you heard about him from the Bass Barn and he will most definately hook you up! Dennis the Margaritaville The owner is Eddie Dempsey!
Prior to starting this thread I did a search and indeed saw your offer on older threads. I didn't want to be presumptous and assume the offer was longstanding. Thanks for responding, and I will be making that call when I am ready to buy.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts