BASS BARN banner

41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
17,859 Posts
Nice day on the water. Went 10:30 to 2 so we could have lunch and be out in the warm part of the day. A bit slow back where we went, but I did not want to buy fuel. Got a mess of shorts and used a bonus tag. Plan to pull the boat tomorrow. Glad I went.

·
Registered
17,859 Posts
Are the captains a$$ holes for running the costumers out?
Are the costumers only out on Halloween?

It’s the governor that’s the azzhole for messing with peoples livelihoods. They should be able to post how they want to handle their patrons and the patrons can decide if they want to partake. You know like America was before dims started ruining freedom.

·
Registered
29,309 Posts
Yes all well and good , but if 5 are positive and 25 are not , do you relise, what the total positive comes to ? Do you , it’s a pandemic

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Ruffles, nothing derogatory intended but please just stop, you sound like a very old basement dweller that still lives with his mom and is scared of the boogie man......

·
Registered
13,589 Posts

Stay home and monitor your health

• Stay home for 14 days after your last contact with a person who has COVID-19
  • Watch for fever (100.4◦F), cough, shortness of breath, or other symptoms of COVID-19
  • If possible, stay away from others, especially people who are at higher risk for getting very sick from COVID-19

·
Registered
5,564 Posts
Wow , so results are in , COVID-19 ... not detected
First off happy you are not positive.

Gotta say with everything you preach you should not be getting on a headboat after being recently exposed to the virus during this pandemic. Between NJ and California over the last 3 months all the boats (party/6pck) I’ve been on have asked if I’ve been exposed within the last 14 days (and signed off on my statement). The boats in Cali even took my temp before boarding...granted they were all overnight. Pretty sure there was a reason they asked those questions!

Cant pick and choose the rules you want to follow otherwise what good is the safety system that the govt has rolled out? Personally if I was standing next to you on a boat and you told me that you were recently exposed I would have some extremely harsh words for you and ask the captain if he could quarentine you in the marine head for the remainder of the trip.

·
Registered
29,309 Posts
I can wait , to fish again , it is everywhere at the moment . So you are correct ..... I don’t want to go to head jail

·
Registered
29,309 Posts

Stay home and monitor your health

• Stay home for 14 days after your last contact with a person who has COVID-19
  • Watch for fever (100.4◦F), cough, shortness of breath, or other symptoms of COVID-19
  • If possible, stay away from others, especially people who are at higher risk for getting very sick from COVID-19
work puts my classification as essential, so I got to go back ... they suck

·
Registered
13,589 Posts
Sucks Ruff but better to be on the safe side especially with the results that have been seen with some of the tests 50/50 if they are right or not the fish will be there in the future

Reactions: rfanow

·
Registered
13,589 Posts
work puts my classification as essential, so I got to go back ... they suck
Why are they not abiding by the CDC rules ??? i would speak to HR about that.

·
Registered
29,309 Posts
I already sent them your link , and my results.... that essential word trumps all CDC Guidelines

·
Registered
13,589 Posts
OK so lets just hope you don't turn into a Super Spreader if you do the Laws coming after you your work has the $$$ to get out of it (n)

Reactions: rfanow

·
Registered
19,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Just Bass fishing today, we were back to the dock by 9am.

People from the South need to stop coming to BI, the freakin line at the launch ramp was like 20 boats, they were blocking me from my parking lot.

They caught fish well south of BI today, stay down there.
It was a sh*tshow of boats down here too, but no fish... like nobody I talked to on my canal when I got back connected with anything but doggies.. We went out front and worked from GE up to almost Brig with nothing,, then got fed up and went in the back behind OC and grabbed a few on plastics.... guys south of me got cr*p too.

We usually only get a week or 10 days of Fall fish down here in the Sahara... couple guys had some 13-15 off but with yesterdays blown morning forecast I wasn't taking the little boat out there.. hopefully when they show up I will get a window to get out with the Maycraft... otherwise I'll just pull it and thumb a ride with one of the tuna guys...

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
GE up to almost Brig with nothing,
Did the same run from 8-1 . Fish finder made a lot of noise, but no fish. Did see a ton of Dolphin moving south. Picked up some take out from the Anchorage and had a nice lunch with the son and my nephew at the marina, nice day. I'll give it another shot later this , got some time off.

·
Registered
13,276 Posts
We caught some bass late in the afternoon in the back. Everybody and their uncles cousins were out there, practically shut down the bite. about 8 total, all slots. We left the fish due to commitments.

·
Registered
266 Posts
It was a sh*tshow of boats down here too, but no fish... like nobody I talked to on my canal when I got back connected with anything but doggies.. We went out front and worked from GE up to almost Brig with nothing,, then got fed up and went in the back behind OC and grabbed a few on plastics.... guys south of me got cr*p too.

We usually only get a week or 10 days of Fall fish down here in the Sahara... couple guys had some 13-15 off but with yesterdays blown morning forecast I wasn't taking the little boat out there.. hopefully when they show up I will get a window to get out with the Maycraft... otherwise I'll just pull it and thumb a ride with one of the tuna guys...
Same thing almost burnt a whole tank of gas running and gunning. Marked good bait, had extremely skittish birds working everywhere, but no fish. Saw one school under birds but couldn't come tight. Had water temps at 58 degrees most of the day. Hopefully there's a cool down in the next two weeks and the fish work their way south. Also whales everywhere saw 5 cruising around. Looks good but don't think the fish are here yet in north jersey numbers.

41 - 60 of 60 Posts