BASS BARN banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was a little brisk and windy but I felt a compulsion to visit Bay Point Marina, just to look around and kibitz. The docks aren't in and the store was closed. There was a netter and a guy with him, about to launch a boat. We both recalled seeing each other but did not know one another. After an exchange of greetings, the conversation went something like this:

me: So when do you think the stripers will be in the bay?
him: They never left!
me: I'm talking about the big migratory stripers.
him: That's what I'm talking about. I've been finding 30, 40 pounders in my nets.
me: Down in North Carolina...
him: I don't know about North Carolina.
me: Do you fish?
him: Haven't touched a rod in over 10 years.
me: How about perch. Are they around?
him: In the creeks along the bay, they are getting perch.
him: I gotta get going he said as pushed his boat off its trailer.
me: Thank you for the information.
I called a local bait shop and they also said the perch are bitting and they had bait.

The question is: How soon can you get your boat in the water?:huh:

·
Registered
6,046 Posts
I take any info like that with a grain of salt.
I can recall early season trips where i was told nets have been loaded with bass, and i didnt see anything for days.
Then there was the time i was launch, and i asked a netter if he had seen any bass in his nets. He said nope, havn't seen any yet. Well we went out and put up about 50 bass that day, on plugs.
Yea, its a starting point, and good motivation, but i dont rely on that.

If it is true, then that would suck that he has big bass beeing stuck in his nets.:thumbsdown:

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
No leads yet. Waiting on the bass barn to light up with fresh clams...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.