BASS BARN banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Left Longreach around 7:40. Wind was around 12-15 MPH out of the S/W. High tide was around 11:45 AM. Tried SE of the Maull, East of
five party boats. Pick was slow and drift was too fast, about 2.8 MPH.
Headed up to the Oyster Grounds, started to get more action. Moved
east a little towards False Egg, and had the best action of the day.
Drift came to 0.0 on my GPS around 1:30. Decided to call it quits.
Went in with 11 keepers, the biggest was 24". Just like Monday, 11 keepers, up to 24".:)

·
Banned
1,271 Posts
bay bee said:
Left Longreach around 7:40. Wind was around 12-15 MPH out of the S/W. High tide was around 11:45 AM. Tried SE of the Maull, East of
five party boats. Pick was slow and drift was too fast, about 2.8 MPH.
Headed up to the Oyster Grounds, started to get more action. Moved
east a little towards False Egg, and had the best action of the day.
Drift came to 0.0 on my GPS around 1:30. Decided to call it quits.
Went in with 11 keepers, the biggest was 24". Just like Monday, 11 keepers, up to 24".:)
Bob you had another great day!! We were out on Weds 2 keeper fluke 18 nice size croakers. water was a chocalate brown in alot of areas. Shelter said he taught you everything about catching fluke. He did not do much better on fluke weds.

RELEASE THE HOUNDS!!
THEY ARE BACK
GENTLEMAN START YOUR ENGINES

MISTYLADY

·
Registered
5,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
His name is not Shelter, it's Schelder.
When it comes to catching Flounder, I taught him everything I know--and
he STILL doesn't know anything:D .

·
Registered
108 Posts
Flaties

Nice report - I've got to get a depth finder so we can find the ledges where the flaties hang. Rental boats don't have 'em and we're flying blind without 'em. Any sugestions for a unit that do the job without being mounted on the boat? Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
450 Posts
ACK.I had a portable unit that worked pretty well when I fished the lakes in Maine a 6-7 years ago.I think it's still in the basement.I'll see if I can find it tonight and let you use it until you get yourself a depth finder.

Give me a contact # or email and I'll let you know instead of the public forum [email protected]

I have been doing pretty well (on weakies and blues)the last 2 weeks on the Bay.Trying for flatties,at one of my spots tommorow north of the Maul--and you really don't need a depthfinder for this spot.

Tom Conigliaro
West Chester,PA

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
ACK.I had a portable unit that worked pretty well when I fished the lakes in Maine a 6-7 years ago.I think it's still in the basement.I'll see if I can find it tonight and let you use it until you get yourself a depth finder.
Tom: Your the man.:)

Bay bee:
Thanks for the report. Hope they're still in the area Saturday

·
Registered
5,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ack789 said:
Nice report - I've got to get a depth finder so we can find the ledges where the flaties hang. Rental boats don't have 'em and we're flying blind without 'em. Any sugestions for a unit that do the job without being mounted on the boat? Thanks for your help!
You don't really need a depth or should I say Fish Finder to get depth.
I'd recommend you get a Home Port Chart of the Delaware Bay. This chart
has the various depths color coded. Many drop-offs run in a 340-160 degrees. This is about the direction the tide flows in and out. The other
thing you'll need is a GPS. Before going out, punch in your beginning
way points. The wind will probably throw you off course somewhat.
But you can determine the effect of the wind in a short drift, by checking
where you are in relation to where you started. Garmins model 72 sells for
around $150,and it has a track plotter, and it's water proof and it even
floats. You can mount it on your dash with velcro. I mounted mine on the
dash, and the velcro lasted for years. I also have a dash-mounted
GPS, that runs off the boat battery. Good luck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts