BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
19,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Headed over to the dock this morning. A little breezy but sunny. Forecast for tomorrow sucks. Quiet at the dock so I closed up and looked for someplace to go. Decided to check out the Crest fishing pier to see if it got any closer to the water. :D It didn't.

Once I made it past the dunes the wind was cut off. Threw my flannel shirt down and laid back on the beach. Wind was blowing right over me but I was sheltered real nice. I lay there for over an hour and even got a little color.

Left there and headed to North Wildwood. Just making sure I remembered the way to Sam's pizza for next Friday. The arcade right next to Sam's was open. Ran in and played a few games of pinball and had a hot dog and coke for $.75

It may not sound like much to you guys but. After the ice and cold wind all winter it felt like a blast of SPRING. :D :D

·
Registered
7,013 Posts
Fred- you flashing back to your teens? LOL
I know what you mean- sometimes just going over the bridge to SIC or OC or CM does it for me.

Glad you had a nice day.

·
Registered
21,273 Posts
Spent time building a rod- Got all underwrappings on and 2 coats of color preserver.

- gonna watch the pro bowl in a while.

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
NAh Fred...That sounde like a GREAT day.

Ill tell ya why. I ran around buying house stuff all weekend. I was at a stop light at 2:30 on Rt 40. Open the window and felt the sun beat on me for 2 minutes..if that. It felt SO great I wanted to drive to the beach and just sit in the sun...but bathroom exhaust fans were calling from Home Depot! ;)

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Got a new reel last week (Diawa Capricorn)& couldn't wait any longer to try it out so I took some small jigs down to the schyulkill to see if I could jig up a couple walleye. Didn't catch anything but it sure was nice to get out there.

·
Registered
52,618 Posts
Originally posted by Skip M:
It was a beautiful day,worked on the boat all day & dreamed a little,have to get down to Shwacrest to check the house out.
are you inside shawcrest or is your house out on the road.i have spent over 40 years within a short distance or inside shawcrest.was a good friend of dicks from in the 5o's.

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
Sounds like a swell afternoon. I'll bet that sun sure felt especially good while remeniscing. bet it was gorgeous there today cause it was sure nice at the golf course here this afternoon.

·
Registered
19,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Watch it Brian. Underwraps will weigh a blank down and change some of the action in it.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
I was also on the beach in WW yesterday, my son, Matt and I took the truck for a spin on the beach, stopped around the convention center area to let his puppy (beagle) out for a run.....drove all the way down to WWC end of beach and made u turn and came back...water was clean and surf was fairly calm....funny because Matt asked how come there is a "fishing" pier with no water under it....so I took him up to NWW and showed him the NWW fishing pier (the deck area off parking lot across from Moores), no water there either despite the rod holders on the wall...LOL.....the beach on the hereford inlet side has taken a real beating since Christmas time....A LOT of sand has been washed out, exposing the jettys...steep drop off has developed...i'm back to Florida in a few days and wont be back until the teams break spring training....around April 1....I will be here for Sam's opening...then back to my diet.. :(

·
Registered
19,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No ***** is going to bury me. :D :D :D

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
no.....but watch out for the pickup trucks....I did hit a few big bumps.... :eek: :D ;)

·
Registered
21,273 Posts
Originally posted by chunking:
Watch it Brian. Underwraps will weigh a blank down and change some of the action in it.
i HEAR YA - weight Im not worried about - I used a gold metallic thread. I hope the action isnt affected too much!

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
Originally posted by mch:
Got a new reel last week (Diawa Capricorn)& couldn't wait any longer to try it out so I took some small jigs down to the schyulkill to see if I could jig up a couple walleye. Didn't catch anything but it sure was nice to get out there.
Don't worry Marty, we'll be breaking it in right very soon! I can't wait.

·
Registered
19,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hey Crabby. Thanks for reminding me. I knew I was dragging somebodys mom around. :D

What do you mean cheap. Two cokes and two hot dogs set me back $1.50 Plus we got to stand at the counter to eat them. :D :D

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Biggest; If I loaned Skip my Alstar rod he could almost throw to NO BONES he,s down pst lighthouse

Skip House is still there looks ok!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts