BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The smiley is because it was fun as always despite the wind. Today I fished around a bunch of guys near Beesley's Point. Got a couple of taps, but no real action. Fished around some real nice people today - we all had the same luck. I was hoping to get some perch at least, but no dice. Oh well, at least got some water temp readings. Low tide at drag channel was 46 deg in
12' water and at BL England on the incoming was
around 50 deg in the shallow. Hope this info is helpful to someone or at least worth reading.

·
Registered
908 Posts
jRIGZguy...was that you we were fishing with. If so, didn't know you were a member of the barn. Were you telling the three of us the story of Florida Redfish? I was the one who left first and it was a pleasure meeting you. If not, I've got you confused with someone else. Let me know :D

[ 03-22-2004, 09:18 AM: Message edited by: earlybird ]

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I fish there alot all season long. I find it productive until very early fall, and then turns on again around Nov. Took the wife there alot and she got some experience with seabass perch and some short linesiders. It was fun for her and fun for me.

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
jRIGZguy,

Someone shot you an e-mail about your post? Freakn "SPOT NAZI's"!!! :mad:

Your post is fine. It's informative without giving away GPS numbers. You don't need to change a thing with your report.

The HARPOONTANG Fleet will be coming out of Somerset Cove in a few weeks and we fish in that area occasionally. Thanks for a good report. Welcome to the BARN and see you on the water soon.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Earlybird, it might have been me, I told a couple people about a guy that caught a pompano during a tournament last year in that general area.

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
Originally posted by Flattop:
TO:
jRIGZguy,

Wonder who would do that???
Our resident self proclaimed Protocol Manager?? :D ;)

[ 03-25-2004, 10:59 AM: Message edited by: capthersch ]

·
Registered
12,164 Posts
Originally posted by capthersch:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Flattop:
TO:
jRIGZguy,

Wonder who would do that???
Our resident self proclaimed Protocol Manager?? :D ;)
</font>[/QUOTE]If we're shooting e-mails ove a post like that we're going to me losing allot of members in the very near future.

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
Darrin,

I'm thinking the same thing. In jRIGZguy second post of this thread he states someone sent him an e-mail about his original post. I think his original post is fine. But if people are going to start nit picking information like jRIGZguy original post well then there's no reason to come back to the BARN.

By the way I was the guy standing next to you in the tackle store Tuesday when you were leaving a rod with Paul.

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
"Glad to see you got out. Welcome to the Barn. I hope you stick around a while. When posting reports we try to keep the location general...like a town name. THOUSANDS of people read the Barn...many just to find out where the bite is and never give anything back to anyone. Just letting you know its kind of our unwritten policy with most of the regulars.You are certainly free to do what you like but many spots arnt that big and you can shoot yourself in the foot the next time you get out not to mention you will get people that fish that area angry. Just a heads up.. Enjoy the Barn.....its a wealth of information and great people! Keith"

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
I sent the email. It was polite and just giving him a heads up so nobody jumped on his case for future reference. By his response through email he was not offended. We even exchanged a few emails about information on the area like channels and navigation. Dont assume it was a bad email and start spouting off...Ill put a Voo Doo Curse on your fishing gear! Darrin...the next fly you tie will be evil!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL...Relax Guys...he isnt going anywhere!

·
Registered
191 Posts
I can't believe an email was sent to this guy about drag channel or bl england, give me a break. That's like somebody saying the mussel beds at CISP or the power plant in Somers Point. Come on babies. I mean guys give it a break.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
OK guys, a couple of things. First, I guess there is more than just me talking about the Pompano, 'cause that wasn't me in the bait store, but I am sure I will run into you soon (that was for flattop)Second, the e-mail I got was very polite and I took absolutely no offense to it. I have been married now for 8+ years and takes alot more than something like that to offend me. I am glad at least that if this problem was going to boil over like this, it happened here and not out on the grassbank somewhere. I fish to enjoy myself. I have more fun and learn far more when I just go out and try. If a spot is crowded, I just go somewhere else anyway. We're all here to have fun, aren't we?

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
jRIGZguy,

So HIP is the "SPOT NAZI"!! ;) :D I'm just a little sensitive to secrets whether they be fishing locations or which bar stool has the one short leg. Being in the line of work I'm in I know what a real secret is and I find fishing locations secrets to be silly.

Oh, I was referring to DGREENMACHINE about standing next to him in the tackle store. If you fish GE area I'm sure will meet sometime this season. Just look for the big guy obnoxious guy with a beer in his hand and a haircut fashioned after his screen name.

·
Registered
6,046 Posts
Originally posted by Prime Location:
I can't believe an email was sent to this guy about drag channel or bl england, give me a break. That's like somebody saying the mussel beds at CISP or the power plant in Somers Point. Come on babies. I mean guys give it a break.
:rolleyes: blah blah blah

·
Premium Member
5,199 Posts
JRGuy As a moderator from the fly board, I can't beleive anyone would think That "fishing pier" is any kind of a secret.
Thanks for the report & hope to meet you sometime. Ron

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
It wasnt about "THAT spot" guys...it was about spots in GENERAL since he was new. I know its a real raach to understand certain things but you guys can handle it! Im sure of it! LOL

Eelball, Exactly.

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
Hip,

It doesn't matter what spot he was talking about. If the BASS BARN is going to restrict people in what they post then Ron is going to have to develop guidelines, and post them, in what can and can not be discussed or published in this forum. What you consider too much information is not what I consider too much information. To have people making policy on this, or any forum, without authority from the owner of the site is not right. I don?t want to hear about unwritten rules. Unwritten rules don?t mean squat.

A year or so ago it was ok to have personal web sites in our signatures. Now that?s not allowed unless you?re a paid advertiser. I don?t think it?s right but I can live with that decision because the reason was made public and I abide by that ruling.

Writing a post about a fishing spot is now a gray area because people don?t know how much info that can include without being scorned on the board or personally e-mailed by other people. Individuals are now making up their own guidelines and dictating to others what can and can not be said. This is WRONG. I understand your concern, I don?t agree with it because to me it?s not a big deal. But to you it is.

I?m tired of this debate, no matter how much entertainment it brings to some people. If there is to be a restriction on what we can post then the BASS BARN needs to have published guidelines outlining the rules of this site.

I stand for freedom of speech and uncensored reporting. I know you and others want some limits on what can be posted. Until there is written guidance I?ll post what I feel is appropriate with as much information as I care to include.

I joined this web site because of the free flowing exchange of information concerning fishing. Whether it is between 50, 500 or 5000 people doesn?t make a difference. The BASS BARN is not the same fishing information exchange it was when I joined, and for that I am sad. If the BASS BARN is going to censor what can be posted then there is really no reason a fisherman needs to be a member of this group. This site will be nothing more than another frivolous chat room, albeit with fishing advertisements.

[ 03-27-2004, 04:29 AM: Message edited by: Flattop ]

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.