BASS BARN banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since this forum is dead lets get some talk going about this upcoming year. Wats on your todo list.nmine consists of: adding wings to my enclosure, adding2nd battery, adding sonic hub with a nmea2k hookup for my etec, and maybe adding an hds7 gen1 :eek:.

With that being said, if I get that all done I hope to be making my first trip the second Sunday of march. What about you guys, I know three will be someone out there hunting the rare bay cod, trying to one up flash:fighting:.

Also where is everyone docking at ? I'd like to meet and fish with some more of the Maurice river guys. I'm back at haases

·
Registered
280 Posts
show hooker that big bass do hang in the bay in the warmer months :razz::wave:...other than that, do what we do every year on the bay, have fun catch some fish and enjoy life. good luck to all anglers on the bay this year and the crew at joes:D

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
With hunting season coming to a close soon my "todo" list is longer than the big stripers sleeping in the bay right now...:fighting:.....:D........i'll be at the Fort again this year and in the water again early, depending on how cold we get in feb......Like everyone else I hope the winter will continue this trend and we can get some early bass...March 4 was my first trip last year and it was cold....I kinda felt we werent gonna get into bass then and was just knocking the dust off things but got what is called "open a$$ed" and found some cod...:nuts:.so this year I wont be scared to try that early again...I think it was the 14th when I found a half dozen decent keeper sized bass....you can bet I will be ready and out there so stay tuned, it wont be long....jumping from one obessesion (hunting) to the next (bassin) cant wait till march madness begins!!!!:thumbsup:....keep in touch Brad..

·
Registered
867 Posts
New, lower pitch prop to get out of the hole quicker and for those rough days on the water, finish sanding, buffing and polishing the last 12' of the port side, paint the bilge, move one of the bilge pumps, clean up some ugly wiring in said bilge, install and wire an anchor winch, add a third battery, and recommission the potable water system. Days like today make it hard not to break out the tools.

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
With hunting season coming to a close soon my "todo" list is longer than the big stripers sleeping in the bay right now...:fighting:.....:D........i'll be at the Fort again this year and in the water again early, depending on how cold we get in feb......Like everyone else I hope the winter will continue this trend and we can get some early bass...March 4 was my first trip last year and it was cold....I kinda felt we werent gonna get into bass then and was just knocking the dust off things but got what is called "open a$$ed" and found some cod...:nuts:.so this year I wont be scared to try that early again...I think it was the 14th when I found a half dozen decent keeper sized bass....you can bet I will be ready and out there so stay tuned, it wont be long....jumping from one obessesion (hunting) to the next (bassin) cant wait till march madness begins!!!!:thumbsup:....keep in touch Brad..
Will do gordon

·
Registered
130 Posts
Don't forget the torn upholstery. You know after boat show these guys get super busy. :eek:

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
An FM radio might be in the schedule.And the Possibility a chain eating windless. With this weather we been having I`m kinda sorry I got the boat covered this year.
Just shot my self in the foot ?
Back to Long Reach for me.
Nice hooking up this year Brad.

·
Registered
4,756 Posts
Put navionics in Lowrance. Waxed and cleaned inside already. Going to uncover boat the the last week of February (weather permitting) bottom paint first weekend of March splash boat March 11th no later then 18th. Coming out of the Fort this year.

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Put navionics in Lowrance. Waxed and cleaned inside already. Going to uncover boat the the last week of February (weather permitting) bottom paint first weekend of March splash boat March 11th no later then 18th. Coming out of the Fort this year.
Intersting, not fishing out of joes anymore? Everyone I know who fishes outtathe fort loves it. Fished there a couple times and it was cool. Id be there if I wasn't on the river. I'm really starting to jones for some fishing now. Need to get some work done on the boat first

·
Registered
312 Posts
Wax, Paint bottom,replace a spreader light that I broke with the net, change oil, new water pumps and hope to be back in the water 1st week of March :D

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Did you take care of registration and safety course yet?

·
Registered
4,756 Posts
Intersting, not fishing out of joes anymore? Everyone I know who fishes outtathe fort loves it. Fished there a couple times and it was cool. Id be there if I wasn't on the river. I'm really starting to jones for some fishing now. Need to get some work done on the boat first
Well it's closer to where I fish opens some ares I fished when I was at Port Norris. I think it kinda gives me a lot more choices to reach with out spending a lot of money on gas. Can't say enough good things about guys out of Joe's.

Did you take care of registration and safety course yet?
Should have it all done by that time. Got the call they have a spot for me. I'll give it try. Besides I think work ids going to suck again starting around Mid to late April. Maybe get some fishing before that.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Well it's closer to where I fish opens some ares I fished when I was at Port Norris. I think it kinda gives me a lot more choices to reach with out spending a lot of money on gas. Can't say enough good things about guys out of Joe's.

Should have it all done by that time. Got the call they have a spot for me. I'll give it try. Besides I think work ids going to suck again starting around Mid to late April. Maybe get some fishing before that.
Are you slipping by the ramp or up by office?

·
Registered
699 Posts
Figure out and fix some electrical problems - especially the bildge pump.

Stock up on gulp before they sell out for flounder fishing.

Reorg the striper fishing gear. Look at the charts for spots to try.

·
Registered
345 Posts
sorry to here your leaving joes,any particular reason for the move other than fishing closer to your spots?

·
Registered
4,756 Posts
sorry to here your leaving joes,any particular reason for the move other than fishing closer to your spots?
Didn't like that last year we couldn't get into mid April and was told for a while we had to out by early November. I can only get down to fish on weekends so that cut striper fishing down a lot. Driving thru water at high tide and had to get bait at other places. Now the good things great boaters and fisherman nothing but the best I can say about you guys. The big reason and the only one that made up my mind was location. I can get to a lot more spots with less travel time.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Didn't like that last year we couldn't get into mid April and was told for a while we had to out by early November. I can only get down to fish on weekends so that cut striper fishing down a lot. Driving thru water at high tide and had to get bait at other places. Now the good things great boaters and fisherman nothing but the best I can say about you guys. The big reason and the only one that made up my mind was location. I can get to a lot more spots with less travel time.
Best of luck to you next season.:thumbsup: Not sure how they tie up where you are looking. Check that out when you are down there. I'm sure we'll still be in contact.:wave:

·
Registered
7,038 Posts
Damn. I lost a neighbor.:( I didn't think my boat smelled that bad?:D Good luck to you, Rick. You will be closer to your spots and easier on you in your mako. There's a nice looking 21 hydrasports CC in the Barn Sale.;)

We stayed till December 4th. Bruce was fidgety, but the weather was great and he understood.

Hoping to put a radar on the boat. We'll see how that turns out in the next couple of weeks. Anyone have an HDS 7 and a 3G for sale? The only other things are to make sure she's dependable. Not too worried about looks.

·
Registered
39,870 Posts
Gonna miss you buddy!
Be real careful at the fort I was there for 3 years. Biggest issue I has was fuel. Not sure what your capacity is but in my 20 I had a 20 gal tank. I would fill up before every trip. The last year there the fuel dock opened late 7 out of 12 weekend days. Late being 9 AM :mad:
The people who worked at the fuel dock back then were volunteers from what they said. Not sure if that issue was fixed but you know how much it would suck to sit and wait for fuel. On several occasions I took the ride to baypoint.
Kinda killed that early out plan :D
I used to bring my fuel jugs and go to Higbees. That got old and was the reason I moved to Joe's.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 20 of 21 Posts