BASS BARN banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
20,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let's have a little civil fish war here...

Who is the ultimate bait-snatcher? Harder to hook? Harder to land? Better to eat?

I know my answer... what is yours?

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Sheepshead hands down.... took me a month to figure out how to catch them down here, and that was fishing almost every DAY for them.

·
Registered
25,361 Posts
The Sheephead is on my list of fish to catch. Haven't got one yet. Any suggestions for South NJ?:bow:
Hook with Insominiac in Avalon...That guy has the back bays wired for sound and he catches sheepies...

He is a BB sponsor...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
62,417 Posts
Sheepshead 4 - Tog 0.

Regardless of what "Management" says, Stripers, Fluke and Sea Bass stocks are all doing nicely.

Cod seems to be making a come back.

Next up on my wish list for NJ - Trigger and Sheeps. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
22,968 Posts
When down in Fla., sheephead are great to catch and eat. They love live shrimp.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
BAIT-CRASHING...HARD FIGHTING.....(((GREAT))) EATING.....

I don't know what all the "Bait Stealing" talks about...this one hit like a Freight Train!!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
20,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The Sheephead is on my list of fish to catch. Haven't got one yet. Any suggestions for South NJ?:bow:
Just be sure to set the hook just before you feel them.. :rolleyes: :D

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
BAIT-CRASHING...HARD FIGHTING.....(((GREAT))) EATING.....

I don't know what all the "Bait Stealing" talks about...this one hit like a Freight Train!!! :thumbsup:

Thats a beaut of a sheepie!!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
768 Posts
Nice sheep Wurk.

When are they found in NJ? I've fished bodies of water named after them a lot but never found any. Granted, I was not looking for them.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Nice sheep Wurk.

When are they found in NJ? I've fished bodies of water named after them a lot but never found any. Granted, I was not looking for them.
Late Summer into Fall.....

I wasn't looking for this one either.....I was Sod-Bank Togging ((with Chum-pot)) when this one hit :thumbsup:

THIS...was the Mornings catch.....

·
Registered
768 Posts
Wurk,

thanks for the info. I just got done reading a thread after I posted my response. I am gonna try for them this year among a few other species I have never targeted before.

I'd love to catch one of these.

When you are sod bank togging or sheepsheading (they apparently like fiddlers and sand fleas), do you anchor up like you would wreck fishing for the same species?

If so I need to rig my kayak with a trolley and give this a try.

Hopefully we can meet up again. I am gearing up for this year. Spent a little money already and working overtime and a second job to get setup for some serious fishing come spring.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Wurk,

thanks for the info. I just got done reading a thread after I posted my response. I am gonna try for them this year among a few other species I have never targeted before.

I'd love to catch one of these.

When you are sod bank togging or sheepsheading (they apparently like fiddlers and sand fleas), do you anchor up like you would wreck fishing for the same species?

If so I need to rig my kayak with a trolley and give this a try.

Hopefully we can meet up again. I am gearing up for this year. Spent a little money already and working overtime and a second job to get setup for some serious fishing come spring.
You're welcome!!! :thumbsup:

Yes.....sometimes I anchor up.......that Morning I was "Sateliting"......((facing into the current and holding position using the Peddle-Drive)).

A Trolly is not needed....

Get in touch with me in the Spring if you want to hook-up....

BUT....I'll be heading out Front a lot more this year with a new Yak!!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
132 Posts
Yak Speed

You're welcome!!! :thumbsup:

Yes.....sometimes I anchor up.......that Morning I was "Sateliting"......((facing into the current and holding position using the Peddle-Drive)).

A Trolly is not needed....

Get in touch with me in the Spring if you want to hook-up....

BUT....I'll be heading out Front a lot more this year with a new Yak!!! :thumbsup:
Just wondering....what kind of speed can you reach with the pedals?
(assuming pedals are faster than paddling)

1 - 20 of 46 Posts