BASS BARN banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to say thanks to Kevin Bogan for hooking me up with my new tog rod i got from him this week. I got to try it out on an offshore trip on the AdamBomb today and im very pleased. I put a Atlas 200 on it and couldnt be happier. Ill be calling for fluke rods in a few weeks.TK

·
Registered
285 Posts
Same here, I got two Kevin Bogan rods, one wreck fishing rod and one inshore spinning rod, both look and feel great. Put a Penn Jigmaster with 55lb Daiwa braid on the wreck rod and a Penn Battle 4000 with 20lb daiwa braid on the spinning rod.

Can't wait to try them out!

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
How do you like the atlas 200 on the rod? Thinking of putting a atlas on the wreck rod I'm building right now, can't decide on the 200 or 400

·
Registered
62,417 Posts
I have 4 Fish Poisons in the collection, and I love them. Perfect for wreck fishing and stripers. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,461 Posts
How do you like the atlas 200 on the rod? Thinking of putting a atlas on the wreck rod I'm building right now, can't decide on the 200 or 400
with a little bit of mono backing, you can get 300-340 yards of 30 braid on the 200 and about 300-340 yards of 65 on the 400..

hope that helps.

·
Registered
12,825 Posts
Love my black stick of death Tog rod. use it for drum and chunking stripers as well

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
THANKS GUYS. The key to the rod is the taper of the blank. The idea is, when the fish is on, it fights it properly. Good shock absorbtion when needed. They start at around $150, and get up to around $200 for a more colorful rod.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Lookin for a good rod to back my avet

I just got an Avet 5.8 mxl magic cast. i havent even spooled it yet. Im looking for a good rod with a good back that i can use for tautog and striper chunkin with a cork handle any one have any input

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I got the the atlas 200 off Joe at terminator tackle before xmas and Kevin put 300 yds of 55 or 65 braid on it. So far so good and is matched up perfectly for me. I have a mxl on my other fish poison rod for cod.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts