BASS BARN banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
According to this we're OK to Tog by the current regs that are April 30 or the NJ council meete in march & adopts the new rules that will put most head boats & 6 pack boats & bait shops out of business . Do these people really have a clue?Note the highlighted sentence (Regulations remain in effect until changed.)
http://www.state.nj.us/dep/fgw/njregs.htm#fishing

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
No, they don't have a clue. Follow the money from tyhe enviro quacks------they want all fishing shut down:mad:

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Which limits are really in effect?

According to this we're OK to Tog by the current regs that are April 30 or the NJ council meete in march & adopts the new rules that will put most head boats & 6 pack boats & bait shops out of business . Do these people really have a clue?Note the highlighted sentence (Regulations remain in effect until changed.)
http://www.state.nj.us/dep/fgw/njregs.htm#fishing
The regulations approved are:
Date/SeasonSize LimitBag (Possession) Limit
Jan. 1 - Feb. 2815 inches4 fish
MarchCLOSED
April15 inches4 fish
May 1 - July 26CLOSED
July 27 - Aug. 3015 inches1 fish
Sept. 1 - Oct. 17CLOSED
Oct. 18 - Nov. 1515 inches1 fish
Nov. 16 - Dec. 3115 inches4 fish

Last years or this sh*&??????????????????????????????

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Don't know why they would close March---IMHO, the reason they give us Jan, Feb and March is because normally the weather sucks and the water is so cold that you can't get a decent tog bite. They are in a hiberniated state when the bottom temps are in the 30's.

Not many hearty souls will brave these temps to go out, and not that many will be willing to pay a private charter fee for 4 fish and a freezing day on the water. (Trust me, the captains definitely earn their keep on these trips!) I went out previously many times January through March, but I think this year I am done with that.

Too cold, too old, getting smarter!

We went on a trip last March 17, 6 of us, and we caught a total of 28 tog, NOT 1 KEEPER! NOT 1 FISH 14" OR LARGER!! The water temp at the bottom was 34 degrees (Capt lowered a thermometer) and the fish you caught almost felt like frozen fish when you took them off the line.

The bite was so light that many times you did not know you had a bite. The fish were quite lethargic.

Conversely, it is certainly a possibility that when you go out for cod and ling during these months, certainly catching tog is not out of the question.

·
Registered
192 Posts
These are reg in affect know

The regulations approved are:
Date/SeasonSize LimitBag (Possession) Limit
Jan. 1 - Feb. 2815 inches4 fish
MarchCLOSED
April15 inches4 fish
May 1 - July 26CLOSED
July 27 - Aug. 3015 inches1 fish
Sept. 1 - Oct. 17CLOSED
Oct. 18 - Nov. 1515 inches1 fish
Nov. 16 - Dec. 3115 inches4 fish

Last years or this sh*&??????????????????????????????
These are the reg in affect know. I was at the meeting of fish councel and they went in to affect the next day last week.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.