BASS BARN banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
heading out this weekend. gonna use my trevala jigging rod/shimano tekota/ with 65lb braid on it (because thats what i have). what leader ? hooks and size? and how do i rig it? i also iave a 7' mh im6 rod with a corvalus 300 (my striper and fluke setup) with 30lb braid if that would be better. tell me what you tog guys think ? looking to break a cherry this weekend

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
heading out this weekend. gonna use my trevala jigging rod/shimano tekota/ with 65lb braid on it (because thats what i have). what leader ? hooks and size? and how do i rig it? i also iave a 7' mh im6 rod with a corvalus 300 (my striper and fluke setup) with 30lb braid if that would be better. tell me what you tog guys think ? looking to break a cherry this weekend
I like uni to uni to your braid 50lb mono with end loop for weight, dropper loop for hook and then a snelled gami octopus 3/0-4/0 wtih 40 lb mono about 8 inches with a knot.. Works for me but there are several other ways that work great too ...

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Here is my two cents to add:

Bring both rods. Generally speaking if you are fishing shallower water and or more snaggy fishing grounds, the lighter setup (complete with 2/0 size hooks) may be the way to go. Conversely, whenever I fish deeper water and wrecks I tend to use the heavier setup.

Good luck,

Peter

·
Registered
12,896 Posts
Here is my two cents to add:

Bring both rods. Generally speaking if you are fishing shallower water and or more snaggy fishing grounds, the lighter setup (complete with 2/0 size hooks) may be the way to go. Conversely, whenever I fish deeper water and wrecks I tend to use the heavier setup.

Good luck,

Peter

I do the same 1 lighter 1 heavier

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.