BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As soon as I arrived at Narita Airport, Japan late afternoon on March 5, I took a train to Hakone which is world famous for onsen ( hot Spring).
As I booked a room at Setugetsuka hotel,Hakone through a travel agenc, I had no idea what kind of hotel I get. But it was quiet suprise to see such a nice,clean and well managed hotel.
I could relax in hot spring bath even it past mid night.

breakfast at the hotel

·
Registered
7,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Finally I met them in person.

I went to the show in the afternoon on March 6.
It was not big show, but it was meaningful for me as I finally met my suppliers like Carpenter, Nature Boys, Hots or Ripple Fisher/Yamanga as well as famous Japanese fishermen in person.
I have been contact with Mogi san, but this was the first time I met Mogi san in person.

Konish san of Carpenter is quiet, but very sincere person.

Wada san of Nature Boys.

Hots' Miyami san (right) and Hots field tester Tan san

Hot's field testers Tang san(on the left) and Hiramatsu san (on the right). I am going to guide them for bluefin popping in Cape Cod and AJ jigging in NC this year.

Souls president

I met other suppliers like Ripple Fisher/Yamaga, but I forget to take pictures. :x

·
Registered
7,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wherever I go, I try to go to local fish market if I have time.
This trip is not an exception,especially world famouse Tsukiji Fish Marktet is in Tokyo.
I visited Tsukiji-Shiijo Sunday morning before the show, but unfortunately The Fish Market was closed. However, a few sushi restaurants were open. The prices there were pretty cheap and food was not bad at all.
I went the to the Market on Monday again before taking a flight to NY. I arrived at the market at 3:30 am and wento to a coffee shop next to the market. The owner of the coffee shop told the small sushi restaurant is very popular. In deed, I saw 4 - 5 guys were waiting for the opening of the restaurant even it was only 4:00 am in the morning ( the restaurant opens at 5:00 am). @(
There were so many things to see while walking around the fish market, but unfortunately I couldn't take pictures as camera battery was dead. :?
Tsukijishiijo on Sunday, but it was very lively when I visited again on Monday morning.

Only a few sushi restaurants were open on Sunday.

·
Registered
7,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
But there were more varieties of sushi and taste were pretty good.
different kinds of misoshiro ( boned fish, crab and clam)

not bad for $8-9

I even tried whale sushi. I got to admit that whale sashimi was pretty good. :)

I always eat damago to finish up sushi. :)

·
Registered
7,075 Posts
Kil,
the show looks like "Kil Song "Heavan" nice post here and of course love the food part too. I like how you finished up with the comment "clean and kind" about Japan.:thumbsup:

I am sure you brought back a few goodies to field test, the boys are banging Bluefin real good in NC as reported here.

Captn Joe

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Kil, great photos and trip. In general how is the bluefin fishing in and around Japan or East Asia? We never hear much about it. Is there still a fishery or do they just import from around the world and manufacture awesome tackle? Not trying to be funny, just curious. Thanks.

Capt. MC

·
Registered
7,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Kil,
the show looks like "Kil Song "Heavan" nice post here and of course love the food part too. I like how you finished up with the comment "clean and kind" about Japan.:thumbsup:

I am sure you brought back a few goodies to field test, the boys are banging Bluefin real good in NC as reported here.

Captn Joe
Hi Joe,
It was a fun trip. The only negative thing in Tokyo is they don't give much cream for coffee. They gave one coffee spoon of cream. When I asked them to give more, they said I have to pay. :eek:

--------------------

www.jignpop.com

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.