BASS BARN banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
20,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nobody can argue that Tony's Bunker spoons are a killer tactic for big bass, but the fact is that using them off of a CC really limits you to two rods if you want to avoid knitting a sweater with either wire or braid... or does it?

Another on target video from the TackleDirect Video Library....

·
Registered
20,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do bunker spoons work in the waters between Brigantine to Sea Isle?
No...neither do really long surgical tubes with a sandworm on the end, or throwing huge bucktails with long white curly tails from the rocks...

·
Registered
20,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This is funny...:D
I gotta keep me amused ;)

By the way, bunker spoons absolutely work down here, but very few people drag them. ... I like Tony's #1's in chrome and white.

·
Registered
20,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So this setup would negate the need for traditional bunker spoon rods?
This will get the spoon in the zone and give it the action it needs... last year, for example, with fish eating so many trolled sandeel and shad rigs, dropping a couple spoons straight down with the bungee rig, and then dragging a couple umbrellas further back would have been a great strategy.

But I'm still not selling my traditional bunker spooon set ups.... when they are keyed in on spoons, this allows you to double your offering to four without spinning up a tangled nightmare.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Yea, If I had the setups I would run it that way too. Right now Im running just one spoon out back , and either two spreaders, two deep divers, or a mix shorter in. It would be nice to throw a smaller spoon on a downrigger ball and run that in place of a diver or spreader, without having to buy another spoon setup. Cant say i love reeling in the spoon way out the back all the time.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Just spoke to Tony at Harry's Army Navy Store today. He was a wealth of information and carefully walked me through the whole ups and downs of downriggers and wire line setups when trolling spoons. His stuff is top notch.

·
Registered
20,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just spoke to Tony at Harry's Army Navy Store today. He was a wealth of information and carefully walked me through the whole ups and downs of downriggers and wire line setups when trolling spoons. His stuff is top notch.
Thanks for that. Additional videos for all of Tony's products, and literally hundreds of other products and how to use them are available in the TackleDirect video library on http://TackleDirect.com and on our dedicated Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/tackledirect

Just added another 25 this week!

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
Tony's smallest spoon is also an awesome jig when you are on the bunker pods! It weighs about 8 - 9 ounces and we have had several 40+ fish jigged up on them! Look at it as the perfect "bunker Jig".

No joke..... Im dead serious here. Tony knows what I am talking about!

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Another great thread as we get ramped up for the spring bass fishing that NJ is famous for; you hear more and more of people using down riggers. I never would see one around sandy hook but as we moved south you see more and more; and even on the mid shore grounds for the BFT.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Tony's smallest spoon is also an awesome jig when you are on the bunker pods! It weighs about 8 - 9 ounces and we have had several 40+ fish jigged up on them! Look at it as the perfect "bunker Jig".

No joke..... Im dead serious here. Tony knows what I am talking about!
Would that be the #1 or the #2 spoon? What color have you had the most success with?
Never even considered jigging one, but this I'll have to try.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts