BASS BARN banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!

Today, we had an open boat group aboard the ADAM BOMB III with Len, Bob, Paul, Chris, and Barry. We fished the ebb tide in the Cape May rips.

The breeze was up a bit when we left the dock, but laid down and left us with a calm, sunny, and warm day! It sure was beautiful, but I wish the fish would have cooperated a bit more!

We fished HARD, pounding every rip from the inside of Prissy to Overfalls, and all we could muster was one VERY small fish on a bucktail! We had fish and bait on the scope, fairly clean water, and a nice drift, but they wouldn't cooperate! The water was 47 degrees. If there is one element of the conditions that may be putting those fish off the feed, I would venture to say it's the full moon. Those strong tides sometimes make those sluggish early spring bass reluctant to feed.

Tomorrow, we have an open boat trip with four spots available, and we're going to be exploring some new territory, on the hunt for a good bite! We'll be sure to post a report as soon as we return!

Great job today, guys! Way to stick with it and fish hard!

·
Registered
16,324 Posts
Thanks for the Report Capt. Sounds like the bass are a little sluggish yet to whack the bucktail. Yeah, I agree, know it's dull but going stationary and chucking bait may be the only option right now.

[ 04-06-2005, 05:47 PM: Message edited by: CaptG ]

·
Registered
7,013 Posts
my turn for a pic of the new Adam Bomb....notice he got smart and made the name real tiny.....LOL

Adam- I'll email the rest later this week.
Better days are coming!

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
Keep plugging Adam

44009 just hit 44 yesterday

You could always drop her in the Southeast Delaware, but it should turn on real soon

Take Care

1 - 8 of 8 Posts