BASS BARN banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We left at 6:15 am and headed out to the spot by the Maul that had produced for the last few trips. When we got past the barge we could see that the fog was laying across the bay. The water was flat and we got to our spot in no time at all. The day started slow with 1 short fluke and we started to pick up croakers. Then the tide stopped and we were barely moving, it took a while for it to start coimng in. we had another boat from our marina out next to us. It's name is 'Group Therapy", they were having a slow pick also.

Once the tide started to move we did start to pick up some more fluke and could only manage 4 keepers for the day, a 22", 2 - 18" and 1 just over 16.5". We also kept 9 nice sized croakers.

We had rpobably 10 throwback fluke and threw back a dozen croakers, we also had one blue and 1- 3.5 ft brownie that we brought to the boat side to get my hook back. There was also a sea turtle that seemed to follow us on one drift.
The day stayed foggy for the entire time we were out, at times it would lift a little and you could see 1/2 a mile other times you could only see 200 yds.

Baits for the day were squid, shedder, bluefish, croaker and minnies. We fished in water from 20 to 32 ft, and most of the keepers came from deeper water.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Much better than some!

I was out Fri. didn't do great until Ebb tide. Talked to a number of different people who didn't do half as good as you.:)

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
finally said:
There was also a sea turtle that seemed to follow us on one drift.
The day stayed foggy for the entire time we were out, at times it would lift a little and you could see 1/2 a mile other times you could only see 200 yds.

Baits for the day were squid, shedder, bluefish, croaker and minnies. We fished in water from 20 to 32 ft, and most of the keepers came from deeper water.
Finally, saw you out there near the Maull. I am in a Mako 253 WA. Also saw the turtle, big yellow and green head comes up right behind the boat and blows air. By the time I said something, it was gone. Thought I was going crazy as no one else saw a thing - been driving me nuts trying to think what it was. Now that you posted turtle I am certain that is what I saw.

Also caught a really large fluke (about 6lbs 25 ") and soem smallet keepers. Blue fish and a few large croakers rounded out the day.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts