BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the reality of towing a 25ft cruiser and having your familiy that consistes of 3 women 16, 10 and wife be your launch load crew. Am I asking for trouble ?

·
Registered
6,250 Posts
Have they done it before? if not go to a ramp and have em watch. point out they way its supposed to happen. Safety is of utmost importance. If trained propoerly I don't see why not....but in a ripping current things may be different. Also you'll be helping launch....not just sitting in truck I hope. If they were to do it alone without you...I'd think differently

·
Registered
5,587 Posts
before having kids, I actually found that getting the truck close to the ramp, then letting my wife drive and give her instructions while I took care of the boat worked nicely.

Now I have a 2 1/2 and a 5 so things get real interesting.

The Dock tender guy became my best friend.

·
Registered
4,021 Posts
How agile are you? I would prep the boat back it down the ramp. Put the truck in park and set the brake. Climb up in the boat from the trailer and start the motor. Once the motor is good, reach down and take the safety strap off. Back it off the trailer and move it over to the dock. Let your wife or kids hold the boat while you park the truck and trailer.

·
Registered
39,870 Posts
How agile are you? I would prep the boat back it down the ramp. Put the truck in park and set the brake. Climb up in the boat from the trailer and start the motor. Once the motor is good, reach down and take the safety strap off. Back it off the trailer and move it over to the dock. Let your wife or kids hold the boat while you park the truck and trailer.
I do it the same way without anyone holding the rope.
I just drive my boat off the trailer (bunk)
Just don't forget to chock the wheels of your truck as if you back down off the trailer you could pull your truck in with the boat :D

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Tow

Is it possible to get form truck to trailer to boat on a 25ft cruiser?
I'm pretty agile, I was thinking of loading wife on boat, backing down and get her to start boat and back off trailer. Although now that I think about it, it might be better for her to back truck up and me start and move boat to dock.

·
Administrator
52,428 Posts
What is the reality of towing a 25ft cruiser and having your familiy that consistes of 3 women 16, 10 and wife be your launch load crew. Am I asking for trouble ?
I launch my 20' Shamrock alone, when I have someone help it makes it harder. :eek:

Take wife and kids to breakfast:) , Hire BT3100 for 25 Bucks :eek:, and when you are all finshed breakfast he will have you unloaded and tied to the dock :D, ready for a nice day ......

and for an additional 25 he may load it back up when you are done :eek:

·
Registered
9,111 Posts
No problem ................... IF .......... I said IF ...........

1. Tow vehicle is adaquate, not just for towing, but for the ramp work......pulling the boat up and down .

2. You take your time, don't hurry through the process or get distracted.

3. Train your crew on what to do, what not to do, and how to keep from getting run over.

4. You have a good disposition, don't lose your cool easily, and focus on all details.

If you have this covered, it's just about as easy as any other towed rig.
No problem.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Had a new Chevy Tahoe back in the 80's and a 19 Grady White Tournament that I would launch in the Barnagat Bay every two weeks or so for the season. Washed the truck down after every trip. The Salt water ate the rear brakes and rotors as though they had been dipped in acid after 18 months... Never again !!!!!!!

·
Registered
19,698 Posts
I launch my boat by myself alot. It is a 20' CC

If the 25 is on rollers, upgrade the rollers to Poly rollers and get a power winch.

Use one long dock line attached to the bow and stern. It makes for easier control of the boat

It does take practice though

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
i would do as said...back down yourself drive off yourself have the ladies hold the boat at the dock for you..as stated before you will get into a routine just stick to it..i launched my 22 walkaround by myself too many times to count and always had problems when somebody with me HAD to help..if you are agile and have a pickup just drop your tail gate back down to launch position..unhook boat and climb on..park at dock and walk back to truck and pull out and park...retrieving is a diffferent story..i had a solo and HELP system for this too

·
Registered
691 Posts
exact same way i launch the boat with my know-it-all father-in-law. sorry for all the hyphens. he is all talk, saying this is the way it has to be done and this and that, then i stay silent. i tow the bow to the ramp, prep the boat in 2 minutes, backer down, climb the bow from the trailer, start it and back it off the trailer. he holds the rope while i pull the truck up the ramp and park it. then he acts like he saved the day cause he held the rope. later on in the trip he will ask me 'how the heck did you do that?":nuts:

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
striperman i have it similar with my girlfriend...she grew up around boats but now goes out twice a year..as soon as she hits the dock she is barking orders that were very correct for her dads 17 footer but not my 22 wa..i have bit my tongue more times than i care to admit..now i have my v-20 and cant wait to figure out the best way to launch and retrieve it is not that she will agree

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.