BASS BARN banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can u fish the ocean side from the bridge?????????Or is that comsidered the bay???

·
Registered
15,726 Posts
Considered the bay. Only thing open is ocean from 0-3. Basically, draw a line along the beaches that extends across all inlets.

·
Registered
7,320 Posts
Bdidge Kid,

As long as you are not "on" the bridge anywhere on the rocks on the south side is legal. Not sure about the beach on the TI side east of the bridge to the jetty. Townsends Inlet is unique in that the line of demarkation runs along the shore line and across east of the bridge, and not from the furthest seaward points of the shoreline. All of the inlets are marked on the coastal charts.

If you do a search, the charts were all posted in a thread on this tpoic from last year.

[ 01-02-2004, 08:15 PM: Message edited by: Keeper Seeker ]

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Townsends Inlet Bridge Nautical Chart

Looks Like You Might Be Able To Squeeze In Some Room Along The Southern Most End of the Rocks Just Off Ocean Dr. on the Avalon Side..

[ 01-02-2004, 11:07 PM: Message edited by: NIGHTSTRIKES ]

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the help everyone

·
Registered
7,570 Posts
Right on Keeper Seeker!!

Most guys don't know you switch to International rules once through the bridge...weird after all the other inlets we get used to.

I use it as an example in my Captain's Courses when I need an international rules example of narrow channel or CBD.

·
Registered
7,570 Posts
33CFR80 - COLREGS DEMARCATION LINES
ATLANTIC COAST - DISTRICT FIVE

"(f) A line formed by the centerline of the Townsend Inlet Highway Bridge."

straight from the babes mouth...at least the USCG.

·
Registered
7,570 Posts
of couse if a lot of captains didn't know this....I wonder if the USCG and Finz & Feathers guys do.....after all they write the tickets....

·
Registered
7,320 Posts
"Heard tell" of a guy several years ago who was on the rocks, caught a bass and was then written a ticket by a game warden.

I spoke to Jason of F+G a couple seasons ago and while checking the chart he definately told me that the south side of the inlet was OK. Don't know about the north side...

·
Registered
356 Posts
Speaking of Townsends, what's the fishing like off that big jetty on the Avalon side?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Pelagic Mike, its called the 8th street jetty and the last two weekends when we had great weather there were no fish caught there during the day. Don't know about night fishing there.

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
I have been fishing Sea Isle/Townsend Inlet for over 30 years. Eventhough, there has been an increase is striper catches along the NJ coast,Sea Isle/Townsend Inlet is not a hot spot for stripers. They can be caught but it is not easy. This past year I caught some in Corcen's Inlet and the back bays of Strathmere in the spring but the fall was a challenge. Sea Isle is a good spot for bluefish,fluke and crabs. Striper fishing is increasing while the weakfish fishing is decreasing. This past spring the bays were full of bluefish. The best year I have seen for blues.

·
Registered
847 Posts
I caught of nice bass at T.I. from sept. thru dec. from land and by boat.Some guys think it's a waste of time fishing this inlet[super fast water,lots of weed] granted it can be a hard inlet to fish... but it has always been good to me. ;)

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I fished T. I. in November and had great success catching stripers. I was using eels for the 1st time and the stripers really went for them. I will be there in the spring.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Jim M,
So that's what that jetty is called, LOL! :rolleyes: :D I'd like to give it a shot off that jetty come spring.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Fished last night....got the skunk and frostbite

1 - 18 of 18 Posts