BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
19,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I have this beautiful new Sequoia, and the major networks are telling me that my life is in danger and people have died because of the gas pedal getting stuck or the throttle sticking open on Toyotas and the vehicle going out of control.... people have hit trees and died, families have drowned when trucks flipped over... you get the picture...

http://www.usatoday.com/money/autos/...as-pedal_N.htm

So I call my dealer to make an appointment to get my brand new $50K "death machine" fixed so my children are not left fatherless, my wife a widow...

.... "I'm sorry, but we cannot book an appointment to remedy the problem until you get your recall notice in the mail... you should have it within a couple weeks.... :mad:

I'm just sayin....... :huh:

·
Registered
4,828 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
i called toyota over the recall, they gave me a little better explanation. They told me the recall was only if you had the regular mats in the car and then the optional "all weather" mats on top of the regular mats.

I would take the floor mats out if you are overly concerned. According to my deal, the linkage is not getting stuck or malfunctioning...the pedal is getting physically stuck down because of the abundance of mats that may slide under and wedge the pedal open.

·
Registered
83,952 Posts
Call the dealer and tell him you will be in his parking lot verifying the throttle problem. He can warn his other customers

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
Call them and tell them it's stuck, you're doing a 115mph down the GSP, then scream and hanging up.
LMAO , That should get there attention. :eek::D

·
Registered
19,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
$50k WAS the discounted price :D ..... I can watch NJ Angler DVD's in the back seat :cool:

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Great!!! What about the spare tire coming loose on the Tundras I just read about. Gotta check that one too. Guess the kids aren't ridn in my truck. Me on the other hand, am worth more dead than alive if you ask the wife.:D

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Crazy

Ed,
I have a 2007 Tundra. I had my vehicle serviced last week. I just turned 70,000 miles and they said nothing about the recall:eek: I also called Shore Toyota and its about a week to get in, which is crazy:nuts:
It hasn't stuck yet while racing back & forth to A.C so who knows:D

·
Registered
6,800 Posts
Start your car, stomp on the gas until you see your valves come through the hood, then call them back and say you have a warranty claim.

You'll have a new truck and a recall fix quicker than waiting for the mail.

Geoff, I like this idea the best... FM get the video camera rolling before you put your foot to the floor..

There's no excuse for the answer you got..

But I'll bet it won't over rev. My 07 Sport Trac with 4.6 V8 will only come up to 3500 in neutral..

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.