BASS BARN banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a one year old Penn 975 in great shape with no problems that I'd like to trade even up for a Shimano Calcutta 400 levelwind in nice shape also. They are both great reels for striper fishing but personally I prefer the Calcutta. I'm hoping to find someone who feels the same way about the Penn. I guarantee the Penn to be in tip top shape. ;)

[ 12-18-2004, 02:13 AM: Message edited by: finaddict5 ]

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fish Bucket,
I just took off all the 50 lb. Power Pro I had on it. I lost almost half the spool with all the tangled lines we had on our last few striper/ chomper blue trips. :confused: Keep your PP and just load it up on the Penn with some mono backing if you are definitely want to do the trade. I think the Penn holds another 50 yards or so more than the Calcutta. BTW I'd like to try that power handle too. I'll email you with my phone number and we can swap at your convenience. Thanks, Bry

·
Registered
13,030 Posts
Instead of trading away your reels, take the braid off them and try them again. You may find you like it alot more with mono. Braid binds on conventional style reels. Also, with the Penn reels, when they have an update for your reel, you just take it right down the road to Penn and they fix it for ya. What is it you don't like about the 975, that would make you want to trade it? What is it about the calcutta, that would make you want to trade it? Now when you answer these questions, you may find there is an easier solution. HAPPY DAYS.

Ding

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
HE wants to trade the Penn for a Shimano because he wants the best and dosnt want to have to get it fixed all the time ;)

Both are great reels. Good luck with your trade.

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The Penn 975 has been traded to Fish Bucket.

Ding-975 was a little bit too big for my purposes. The 400 Calcutta matches the others I have. Plus I'm a Shimano guy! :D

Hip- You got that right bud!

FB- Good to meet you. I think we will both be happy. We now have what we should have bought in the first place! ;) See you at the Seaside show.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.