BASS BARN banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Width?

You had better check the width of your boat if you intend to trailer it over the road. If it is over 102" I believe you may need a permit.
While you have the tape measure out, you might as well check the height.

·
Registered
593 Posts
5bares is correct you will need a wide load permit for that boat and you need one per state of travel and one per trip unless you get a blanket permit which is not available in every state and is big bucks in most states. Now for the trailer you can get them, Load Rite has a few models that would fit that boat. The other issue you will have is your radar has to come off that boat on a Hydraulic Trailer always was very close to the 13'6" height limit and almost any trailer you get will be taller than a hydraulic trailer. You will also need a very heavy tow vehicle, you could do it with a F350 or 3500 but a class 4 or 5 truck would be better.

So it is doable and the trailers are made but it is probably not worth while, if you want to move it it would be cheaper to have it hauled or go by water. I do not know where you are but we could pull that out if you wanted to keep it at your house or at a local marina to us with very reasonable storage rates. I also have a gooseneck trailer for sale that will handle that boat with ease if you are interested.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Give Matt a call (sbbtmatt) and get some numbers. I was considering a trailer this past fall so I could have my boat in the driveway. For what it cost him to bring it home for me, and then bring it back in the spring, it would have taken close to 20 years to break even had I bought a new, decent trailer. Then I'd have the issue of storing and maintenance on the trailer, etc. Money saved in winter storage fees at a marina, etc.
I wish I had done it 12 years ago. Plus it's awful nice having the boat 15 feet from my door now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.