BASS BARN banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to get a trailer hitch put on my truck. Can you recommend some place reasonable in or around Millville?

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
My son-in-law had a good idea. He went to a junk yard where you can pull your own parts and had his choice of several Ford hitches, 4 or 6 bolts, and the hitch was off. He spray painted it and put it on his Ford truck, 4 or 6 bolts. Looks like a new hitch. I think it cost him $40.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tedman27 said:
My son-in-law had a good idea. He went to a junk yard where you can pull your own parts and had his choice of several Ford hitches, 4 or 6 bolts, and the hitch was off. He spray painted it and put it on his Ford truck, 4 or 6 bolts. Looks like a new hitch. I think it cost him $40.
Junkyard is a good idea, and the price is right.:) Thanks

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
MargaritaVille said:
Split,
What make, model and year is the truck?
Normally, They are pretty easy to do.
I did my own in about 2 hours.
It's a 1994 Ford F-150. Where did you get your hitch?

·
Registered
19,698 Posts
Splitditch said:
It's a 1994 Ford F-150. Where did you get your hitch?
Split,
I got my reese hitch from Advanced auto. Most of them are sold as bolt on with no additional drilling
If you are doing a 4 pin connection, they most likely make a inline adapter for your rear lights. You just disconnect the male/female adapter and put the fitting inline and you have trailer lights without cutting and splicing.

South Jersey Sportman's center on Rt 47 on the Manumuskin creek is really good also.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Splitditch,

For my own truck, a 2005 Nissan Titan, I bought a hitch from Nissan, bolted it on with the four included bolts, plugged in the included wire harness, and plugged in a couple of included modules under the hood and I was ready to go. It took about an hour max. The only problem was I had to find someone to help me hold it up while I started the bolts.

TJ in SP

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
We carry the Reese brand hitches. They are reasonable priced and bolt right up. I put one on my 2006 Frontier and took me about 15 minutes to put on and bolted right up to the pre existing holes in the frame.

·
Registered
19,698 Posts
HookinUp said:
I think Ron R's company (Pepboys) is doing a universal class III hitch promo with free installation for 99 bucks.
If you or anyone else has info on this, let me know. I know someone else that is looking and 99 bucks is a great price

·
Registered
7,063 Posts
MargaritaVille said:
If you or anyone else has info on this, let me know. I know someone else that is looking and 99 bucks is a great price
Jason, check your email. I think it's $109.

·
Registered
19,698 Posts
Not a bad price, I will pass the info along to a friend. I wonder how much they would charge for the wiring harness and installation?
If not, I am still gonna have to get under the truck

1 - 16 of 16 Posts