BASS BARN banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at getting a trailer for winter storage which is recomended roller or bunk all I keep seeing is issues of launching when searching I intended to use the trailer 2x's a year boat is heavy around 6800 full 27' just looking for the best option have the opportunity to get my hands on a decent rooler trialer but want whats best for the hull. Thanks for the input

·
Registered
9,923 Posts
Find out what your boat manufacture recomends. Some boats should only be put on a bunk. I have heard of warranty issues on hulls cracking because they were on the wrong trailer.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Bunks are better for storing. Rollers are better for loading an unloading. A roller is small in surface space. A bunk holds a hulls shape.

Hopes this helps.

·
Registered
19,261 Posts
Looking at getting a trailer for winter storage which is recomended roller or bunk all I keep seeing is issues of launching when searching I intended to use the trailer 2x's a year boat is heavy around 6800 full 27' just looking for the best option have the opportunity to get my hands on a decent rooler trialer but want whats best for the hull. Thanks for the input
I just did this for my Hydrasports (7900# dry)... bought a trailer for storage only and will really only move it to and from the launch. I have alway been told that a bunk trailer is best for storage as it spreads the load over a larger surface area on the hull... made sense to me.

As long as you have a good ramp nearby, not having rollers should not matter.

·
Registered
246 Posts
A roller trailer is always better but a bunk trailer works just as well. When using a bunk trailer just have it equipped with poly skids. This can make getting larger boats on and off easily. We are a Tidewater trailer and Venture dealer,we also sell Loadrite and Sealion trailers. If you send me the boat specs we can put a price together for you. Just email me at [email protected] with the info.

Cape Harbor Marine Service LLC
A Premier Mercury Mercruiser dealer
Full stocking Repower Center
A Tidewater, Venture, sealion and Loadrite Trailer dealer
www.capeharbormarine.com
609-889-0911
[email protected]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.