BASS BARN banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering a thru-hull low profile transducer (B164 type). I leave my boat slipped for the season and I'm concerned about any growth build up on the transducer. I am a weekend warrior so I don't know if it's enough action to keep it clean. Anyone have any experience with these transducers with similar use? Otherwise, I may get a TM260.

Thanks,
Tony

·
Registered
3,461 Posts
I am considering a thru-hull low profile transducer (B164 type). I leave my boat slipped for the season and I'm concerned about any growth build up on the transducer. I am a weekend warrior so I don't know if it's enough action to keep it clean. Anyone have any experience with these transducers with similar use? Otherwise, I may get a TM260.

Thanks,
Tony
You should be find, A lot of people use them with no major issues.. Im adding the same one on my boat as well.

I just shot you an email as well..

·
Registered
988 Posts

Thanks,
Tony
I am a every other weekend warrior and never have a problem with growth on my through hull transducer

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
I put one on a couple of years ago, no problems.
I do hit it with a couple of coats of water based ducer paint before I splash for the season.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the answers guys! Joe, got you your email. Thanks. Still in the planning stages right now, but I am looking into a Raymarine setup.

·
Registered
9,224 Posts
I pulled out my p79 shoot through hull last year and installed a $350 bronze thru hull and Im sorry I did. That $99 shoot thru was the best performance at all speeds and all conditions. I dont have a growth problem with the thru hull but in rough conditions I can have signal isues on a Foruno. If your boat hull is solid and not cored consider the p79. The signal shoots right thru your hull like we rig them in the kayaks. Airmar also makes an $800 1000watt version of the p79. I havent tried one but would love to if it was cheaper.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
I put one in about 3 years ago and so far no problems. Works great. I paint it with Petit Hydrocoat. The instructions say to use water based paint.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts