BASS BARN banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up 2 wawa bags of trash on way in along shellfish beds the other night. Some people should be
ashamed.:mad: I watched guys smoking just toss butt in the water? Are you kidding me?
These freaking slobs will be the first to complain when they shut us down!

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
It doesn't take much to take a zip lock bag with some water in it to stow the butts in.They also could take a plastic bag,like the kind used for items bought in stores, to stow their trash in.These people are nothing but slobs.Probably if you went to their homes they would be spotless.

·
Registered
387 Posts
yes, recently trash pilin up. will get worse the closer we get to memorial day, after which---heaven help us there'll be tons of it.

·
Registered
339 Posts
atleast you get to carry something out. it would
be nice if it was a fish once in awhile!:razz:
Picked up 2 wawa bags of trash on way in along shellfish beds the other night. Some people should be
ashamed.:mad: I watched guys smoking just toss butt in the water? Are you kidding me?
These freaking slobs will be the first to complain when they shut us down!

·
Registered
223 Posts
My buddy and I ,fish the Rockaway river for trout.Every time we fish there,soda cans,bait containers,cig.packs,all types of paper,what a mess. We,ve picked up bags of garbage, so come on.If you carry it in, carry it out.When axcess to the river gets taken away,WHO WILL BE CRYING THE MOST.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Was there over the weekend and as I was passing through on the way to fish, on the sod bank side there were several empty clam pint containers that's people left....truly disgusted, however felt good to pick them up and throw them away...and I also got a bait container to freeze bait!!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Wonder how much less trash wold be at Corson's if we could just get bait fishing banned there. I plan on buying Corsons from the government when I win the powerball, so when I do I'll take care of that.

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
I was at the inlet in brig two weeks ago and when the tide went out it was sickening. I took as much old fishing line, ballons, and kite string as possible since that seems to harm animals the most. There was trash everywhere. It is sad. This is not the ocean I want to share with my family

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
And let us not forget to dispose of our pink, white,
chartreuse, etc. plastics in the proper manner. I
put my torn up ones in a plastic bag to take home
instead of just tossing them away. Sometimes the used
plastics just litter the beach. Nothing you can do if a blue
chomps it off.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Good point ^ I've seen lots of trash there and plastics included. It's not people who fish a certain way, but is a certain kind of person who leaves their trash.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts