BASS BARN banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
19,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of our guys went out yesterday trying for stripers. Checked out a few spots but nothing. He was showing 35 or 36 degrees at every location.:thumbsdown:

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Didnt find anything last night either. Read 40 at the middle of the outgoing yesterday afternoon, was your guy fishing the incoming?

RyanF

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Today's water temps taken from the NOAA National Oceanographic Data Center website......

Atlantic City NJ
Station ID: 8534720

Recent Water Temperature:
40.3°F (4.6°C)
Observation Date and Time:
Sun, 07 Mar 2010 15:48:00 GMT
Cape May NJ
Station ID: 8536110

41.4°F (5.2°C)
Brandywine Shoal Light DE
Station ID: 8555889

38.7°F (3.7°C)

·
Registered
19,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
He just let to try again. He said someone caught a few towards Cape May yesterday. I asked if he knew the person. He said no. But he knows someone who knows someone else who spoke with somebody.:D So I told him that they were hitting them pretty good up at Sam's Pizza and while he is up there to bring a pie back.:D:D:D

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
He just let to try again. He said someone caught a few towards Cape May yesterday. I asked if he knew the person. He said no. But he knows someone who knows someone else who spoke with somebody.:D So I told him that they were hitting them pretty good up at Sam's Pizza and while he is up there to bring a pie back.:D:D:D
Rumblings of schoolies behind 7MI on plastics last night but I saw no one around and very little bait all night. Clammin the outgoing and just took a bottom reading of 39 at the top of the tide. I smell a skunk but I have a tide worth of bait. Can't wait to read the reports from up north a bit.

RyanF

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
All I know is crabbing is on fire. No spiders around, just huge whiteleggers and half dollar limeys. Nows the time to stock bait. The fish will be active soon with 50's forecast most of this week:thumbsup:.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
I have had one lucky night which was the 3rd...Ive been all around the 7mi island 4th-today with no luck at all......

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
matt could you tell me how your getting your crabs? dropping pens? can you get them from land?
yup dropping pens. you can catch from land. They are slow moving so give em a good 24 hr soak, any meat will work from old hot dogs to year old bunker.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
yup dropping pens. you can catch from land. They are slow moving so give em a good 24 hr soak, any meat will work from old hot dogs to year old bunker.
Go any further and there might be bounty on your head

RyanF

·
Registered
6,515 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Interesting expression "can of worms". I remember it from my youth actually digging worms and putting them in a can for bluegill and bass fishing. But gotta wonder from where it originates. Sounds like a good gag gift product possibility to sell now days: A can of worms, no expiration date and just what every fisherman needs as backup bait.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Lets see if I opened up a can of worms with that one

RyanF
nah, even with my exact spot its still hard to figure out how to catch them in decent numbers. If I didn't get hooked up with some better equip I wouldn't be catching squat. 5 or 6 a day like last fall. The pro's put way more effort in than i do.At the end of the day its cheaper and easier to buy them. this has been a public service message:).

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.