BASS BARN banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a blast last Tuesday the 6th at the Sea Isle Lump with triggers for a couple hours. The wife and I could of filled a large cooler with them but only kept about 8. Lots of fun with about 40-50 fish at the surface at a time most were about 2-3lb nice size fish.

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
I was there wed through sat and cauhgt blues and saw buoy jacks. Where you tied up to the chain?

·
Registered
6,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No I was just slow drifting past the bouy. Every time we past the bouy we would just float out a small peice of squid and they would come up for it.

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
i am going to save those rhino hides and make a pair of boots out of'm

i remember in '90 we fished the gibson and you could see the triggers coming up from the bottom to munch

that is the last time i remember seeing the water this clear

the beav

[ 07-13-2004, 07:49 AM: Message edited by: cee beaver ]

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Very Cool Fish, Thanks For The Report...

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
my gf had one behind sea isle right before dark the one night....interesting fish

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
do you float the baits, or bottom fish 'em?
Never tried to catch 'em before!

·
Registered
6,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Float them out near the bouys or anything floating in the water. They are like dolpin and like to hang under anything that floats.

·
Registered
166 Posts
We had trigger fish right on the jetties near asbury park. The water was crystal clear and you could sight fish for them around the boulders just in front of the jetty in no more than 20 or 25 feet of water.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts