BASS BARN banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Water temp dropped from the mid 60's of last week to 58 degrees today. Any Strong west wind[in our case last Sat and Sunday blew a gale from the northwest]blows the warm surface water out to sea and the cold bottom water wells in. I knew what I was facing so I stayed in on the Beach and fished for Kingfish. Caught approx. 20 to 25 with 12 being Keeper size. Also in the mix were approx 14 Fluke with some of them being the smallest I have seen in years. Coupled with a few Spike Weakfish and it was the kind of day when a Freshwater Rod coupled with using 4 to 6 lb. braid may have given this day the appearance of using the right tackle matched to the catch.

If I go Saturday , it will be in Delaware Bay where some warmer water may give up some decent Fluke. One positive result is that I marked ALOT of wreck and pieces of wreck in various location approx 3/4 to 1.5 miles off the Beach. When the Fluke begin their trek out of the Back bays via the Inlets, a lot structure like I logged today may give up some decent Fish

·
Registered
12,888 Posts
Thanks for report Doug.

I'm dropping in tomorrow and will do a shakedown trip Friday pm . Then try and fish over weekend

·
Registered
694 Posts
You are wiser than me. I trekked all over Site 11 and caught 1 measly flounder. Caught 2 of the biggest sea bass this year but... Then went to CM Reef and not even a bite. What a waste of time and money.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts