BASS BARN banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
i dont know for sure, but my guess is that the river is more of a scent, and sound/vibration game. if you troll loud vibrating lures, you may get some hits. but i dont think sight plays a roll on the big D

·
Registered
374 Posts
trolling definetly does work in the deli-troll as you would if you were trolling in the chesapeake- 1lb bucktails- tipped with 12" sassy shad-white or chartreuse-you can drag a spoon behind this too but you dont have to-find the deeper water (18-40') and make sure your bucktail is dragging within 3' of the bottom-300yds=30' 150 yards = 15' look for fish in the 15-50lb class-

·
Registered
82,472 Posts
Last year on the outgoing tide we tried some power drifting off the edge of a flat which dropped into the edge of the channel. Only did this because of the amount of fish that were stacked up just off the edge of the flat. Similar to holding your boat just off a rip.
Try anything to learn

·
Registered
82,472 Posts
How'd you do?
Nada but I am trying it again this year with someone else on the boat with me. Also have a creek mouth in mind to try it at.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
I would have to think that if your dragging 1lb bucktails and umbrellas along with the typical southern boy mojo that you would more likely be dragging the river not really trolling, you might actually pull up Hoffa's body or someone elses, that could be interesting.

I think the river, at least the upper portions would be a scent game as well, but if you had some clarity working in your favor you might be able to troll a few up. If you were to try it I would be pulling some Bombers in yellow on a drail or downrigger.....thats what I would try.

·
Registered
82,472 Posts
Thanx for the advice boostedcpe. I had bloods on with no luck. I’m targeting an 8 foot flat that drops toward the channel. I was marking them thick just off the flat.

Its always fun to catch with a new method:thumbsup:

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have trolled for them up at the edge of their range in the Deleware but that is still a few weeks or a month or so away. Never really knocked them dead but have caught quite a few that way. I also spent alot of time drifting down the river and casting big rapalas at them with pretty good success as well. Never hurts to try

·
Registered
428 Posts
I have trolled in the area of The Delaware Mem. Bridge using Tamden rigs and caught fish. They can be caught and they are of good size.:thumbsup:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.