BASS BARN banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going back down tomorrow for flounder, but I would like to troll the inlet again for some blues. I was using a rebel style lure black and siver for the blues. Captain Adam suggested slowing down my troll and letting the lures sink to the bottom to pick up weakfish. This I'm eager to try! What type of lures? and how many knots? I just bought a small planner from "Sea striker" could I use that? Also I plan on fishing the LE reef and was thinking of trolling out to the reef. Does anyone have any suggestions for what lures to use and what fish to target? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Mostly you don't need a planer in Little Egg Inlet. The better fishing is usually up on the bars in shallower water. Sometimes during mid-day they will hold in the deeper water by the CG Station and you can catch one on a planer with a spoon. Rebels are fine, but a #3 Clarke spoon catches very well. 4.5 knots is prime blue fishing speed usually.

In addition to weakies (which are usually only going to be around early morning and in the evening), the fish in the middle is what you can catch when you let that lure get down to the bottom.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts