BASS BARN banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Need to see what everyone uses. Is the 87 in shaft from minn Kota necessary or is 72” shaft long enough. Gonna bow mount. Anyone have any pictures if they have this and what size boat. I am worried about it breaching surface with waves. LMK. Thx

·
Registered
493 Posts
Measure bow mounting height to waterline. That will give you an idea of what size shaft. I am using a 72" on my 1989 Mako 21 and it works great. Also take a picture of your bow and post it so we can see what you are working with. I had to relocate my bow light to those rubrail lights and had a custom fabricated starboard plate since my bow has a toe rail. Jeff from Jarhead marine in Northfield helped with the install- great guy and very good fabricator. I was able to source scraps of various thickness starboard for free and he made a beautiful solid base for the mount to attach to. Also, give Rhodan a call they are very receptive to talk to and can help answer any questions.

·
Registered
415 Posts
A little late to the thread but I would definitely get the 86" You're never going to regret having the longer shaft, but the day you wanna fish in a tight wind chop and the 72" can't hold you you'll be regretting not getting the 86". I have a 21' Parker and mounted a 72" shaft motor, a week later i sold it and bought the 86" after it couldn't hold me in a tight chop. Now I haven't fished a day without it being able to hold me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts