BASS BARN banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm ready to buy a tm don't know what size shaft to get. The bow is not very far from the water and can get away with a 54 just want to see what people think is better the 54 or 60 being you can slide up and down to the depth you need

·
Registered
775 Posts
If your getting a minn kota just call the company and talk to a rep
They will help you through the whole process
For a couple extra bucks buy it at your local supplier so if you have any headaches they are more apt to help
I bought mine at west marine and it was shipped without the controller so they had it overnighted :thumbsup:
You'll be glad you bought it and you'll wonder how you ever fished without it

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
I'm ready to buy a tm don't know what size shaft to get. The bow is not very far from the water and can get away with a 54 just want to see what people think is better the 54 or 60 being you can slide up and down to the depth you need
I had one on my Mirror craft, it was a manual, it was long enough but I should have gotten the longer one .In rough water I had to lower it all the way down and it was a pain to bend down to steer.So I would say longer is better then shorter.

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
I depends how high off the water your trolling motor is. If the boat bounces up and down during waves action (consider boat wakes too) will your power head still be submerged with the 54 ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts