BASS BARN banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 17ft sea hunt center console with a 90 horse power engine. I want to get a trolling motor for the bow. heres the deal I already have a small one that has 28lbs of thrust but needs a longer shaft. just wonder if its worth the effort of attaching it and extending the shaft. will it perform the way I want. If not where can I find one thats not so expensive.

·
Registered
8,156 Posts

·
Registered
7,894 Posts
I sold both of mine last year on the barn. Thanks hip. Seasar, Bow mounted is the way to go. I have a 65lb thrust on my 18 1/2 foot boat which is great for running against the tide. 28 lbs of thrust and extending the shaft sounds like alot of trouble. I think you would want more thrust when it was all said and done. I think they are worth every penny. Mine is a MinKota Auto Pilot and I never leave home with out it. I am spoiled rotten.

·
Registered
701 Posts
28 pounds no good for current. I have a 16 ft alumacraft, run against tide duck hunting with a 55 pound Minnkota with some struggle if current is fast.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I just purchased the RT65/AP from Outdoor World (Bass Pro Shops) There is a special going on right now, they include the Co-Pilot for free at Bass Pro). It's about a $170.00 option. Hard to believe you need more than the 55 for a 17 Sea Hunt....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.