BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having trouble getting pics to upload. they are not going through.. anyone have an idea as to why. the file sixe is under 150 kb it just goes to a black page with the saying on top
"visiting my pics for the first time check out our faq's page.
is it me or is there a problem with the server??
ooops, mikey put this post into the dry dock thanks

[ 05-09-2005, 07:16 PM: Message edited by: Bluewater sportfishing ]

·
Registered
19,698 Posts
Bluewater,
Might be your computer. Help me out here.
What operating system is it?
What browser are you using? Explorer or Firefox?
What version of the browser (Click on help and about at the top of the browser and it should give you the details)

The first step of the upload process is to choose the pics on your local computer, they it should show you the preview of the pictures then you hit the "process" button and it should upload them.

What part is giving you the black screen? How many pictures are you trying to upload at the same time?

Lastly, how fast is your internet connection? is it dialup, comcast or DSL?

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Margaritaville,
ok, I have put up pics before but they only got to the prview section and never got on the site.
using windows xp
browser is netscape
I have cable connection
and I was only puting up one pic
I also have norton.
You can also give me a call

[ 05-09-2005, 07:45 PM: Message edited by: Bluewater sportfishing ]

·
Registered
19,698 Posts
Blue,
Do you have norton's firewall turned on?
How about windows XP firewall? Have you tried to disable them?

Also, I would try IE just to rule out a browswer issue, but Netscape should work nicely with just about any PHP program.

It should not be a speed issue with uploading the pics if you are only doing one pic at a time and using a cable connection.

·
Registered
11,868 Posts
I just tried it for the first time in a month to see. Mine goes to a blank screen and says done, but no file is uploaded.

·
Registered
628 Posts
I have the same problem???? I tried pic's that I previosly uplaoded w/no problem, but now just that black screen after uploading for the last two weeks.....

·
Registered
19,698 Posts
That is strange.

Bluewater,
If you want email me and I will give you my username and password for the picture site. YOu could try my account from your site. It is possible that something on your account is corrupt.

If it does not work with my account, it is possible that your pc is having some issues. I am sure bayrat has tried it already, but a removal of all cache files and deleting all cookies would be worth a try.

·
Registered
19,698 Posts
It would be interesting to try my account on your computer or your account on my computer to see if the problem follows the account.

MOF is another Photopost site but I am not sure if they are the same versions.

·
Banned
1,077 Posts
Capt. Kobey:

I ran into the same problem trying to post pics of my Boston Whaler that I had offered here on the Barn Sale page.

Never had any problems loading multiple problems in the past.

FRUSTRATING ... ARGGHHH ... [email protected]$*#%&!!!!

Please share it on here if you ever get it figured out.

- Thanks,
Gr8ful Fish / Gr8ful One

·
Registered
19,698 Posts
Kobey,
As soon as I hear something, I will surely post it for all to see.

I think we have done a good job pinpointing the problem, now we just need to find a solution

·
Registered
19,698 Posts
Kobey,
As soon as I hear something, I will surely post it for all to see.

I think we have done a good job pinpointing the problem, now we just need to find a solution

1 - 20 of 20 Posts