BASS BARN banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im tring to get into trout fishing a lil more went last year had some fun used rooster tails this year going to try fly fishing for them too but i was wondering what kind of power bait to use , trout scents or to use eggs any info would be nice guys

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
I don't use powerbait, personally never had any luck on it.. Always have stuck w/ rooster tails. Orange, pink, white w/ red, green are top notch in 1/8oz. Sometimes I just "troll" them & let them sit there in the current in the stream or where ever I'm fishing.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
BassAssassin8 said:
I don't use powerbait, personally never had any luck on it.. Always have stuck w/ rooster tails. Orange, pink, white w/ red, green are top notch in 1/8oz. Sometimes I just "troll" them & let them sit there in the current in the stream or where ever I'm fishing.
I'm with you, never had any luck with the stuff either, but I've watched people catch em like crazy with it. I do have some in my box though, someone left a bottle on the beach this past fall. So I'll let my niece use it while I roostertail around.

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
sometimes you can really catch the hell out of them on powerbait.i prefer the rooster tail deal myself,but pb definitely gets them.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Caught 2 24" rainbows on the multi colored power bait with the flakes... went back the next day and caught another 22" rainbow. The stuff does work, but there are times the fish want something different. Have done well with marshmellows and meals or white powerbait and meals. A new bait that I use are the Berkley Gulp garden worms. Last year I caught 10 brooks out of the same hole in about 15min. on the Gulps.(made a couple people around me angry:D ) Lures have their time too as do fathead minnows. I usually don't start lures till it starts to warm up a bit, and I see trout surfacing for flies. You have to try different stuff and don't key in on one thing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts