BASS BARN banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was out trouting yesterday and I was talking to a guy about this tool we both remembered from years ago that was like a piece of heavy wire on a hunk of wood that some how pulled the bones out of a trout,with your help.Any one?Thank`s have to settle a bet.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
De Boner

ReelQuick said:
Was out trouting yesterday and I was talking to a guy about this tool we both remembered from years ago that was like a piece of heavy wire on a hunk of wood that some how pulled the bones out of a trout,with your help.Any one?Thank`s have to settle a bet.
Absolutely i have 3 of them and they work awesomely.One is like 30yrs old the other 2 I built myself with Ash Bases and Stainless Rod and loop.I got mine in Michigan where they use them for Salmon ,Trout, and Pike.one is the standard 12"Model for Pan trout the Next is like 16"and the other is 24"They all work well with trout ,Salmon ans Pike.I even Ran a few Sea Robins down the medium size one.You just Scale ,Gut and Dehead the Fish Then insert the Backbone through the Loop at the end of the Rod and Push down.The bones come out and it leaves you with a nice Butterfly Filet that pan fry nice with butter,I just cleaned 3 My cousin gave me today and they came out perfect,HRL:)

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Cabelas

Tail Whipped said:
Where do you get one???????
I think Cabela's has them,If you cant find it let me know I can show you how to make one,HRL;)

·
Registered
89 Posts
No luck on Cabelas site.Although testimonials popped up when I googled it stating how much people loved the deboner they bought from Cabelas. Go figure.

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I knew I wasan`t crazy,can you explain the loop on the top.As I remember it was a very simple desighn.Thank`s.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts