BASS BARN banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to fish the area around Levittown for the first time on opening day. Possibly fishing Pennypack..somewhere. Where is everyone else heading?

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Ill be fishing 12am opening day........off a sodbank. Second year in a row ditching opening day. Can have a mile off sod to myself, why stand elbow to elbow catchin trout?

I like Levittown though, never hit the trout up there but banged some smallies.

RyanF

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
striperken said:
Looking to fish the area around Levittown for the first time on opening day. Possibly fishing Pennypack..somewhere. Where is everyone else heading?
I fish pennypack, but at welsh and buselton area

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not exactly sure where I am going on the pennypack..my bro-in-law is gonna show me some spots. I think busleton was one the places he mentioned.

·
Registered
550 Posts
i will be fishing in berks county...I have a spot that gets stocked that very few ppl know about and it does not get fished hard always good trout there when they stock

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
striperken said:
Where did ya get the smallies? I heard the Neshaminy creek is good..havent fished this area yet.
Bouncin crayfish imitations on the rip rap by the dam, might have been a fluke because it was the only time Ive ever fished there. Decent action, no monsters but decent average size.

RyanF

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
Chester creek will be my destination, not sure where but quite a few spots within a few miles of my house. I'll deal with the crowd, first time for me...

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Mayfair Diner @ 4am for breakfast, then head over to our spot in Pennypack. We usually start out around Verree Road and then head over towards Holme Ave. Its a ritual, once a year, every year.

Mike

·
Registered
24,070 Posts
SE PA is two weeks earlier than the rest because it usually ends sooner...

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Cool..glad to see so many barners doing some trout fishing in the philly area. Once I figure out where our destination is..ill post it and maybe meet up sometime during the day.

·
Registered
315 Posts
hopefully i'll be striper fishing in the river that day. but i wil probably stop down welsh road for an hour or two. Do you think i could keep one or more alive in a 5 gallon bucket with an aerator or something like that for a couple hours? I would love to try to liveline trout for stripers. once my boat is in the water i have a large baitwell.

·
Registered
28,819 Posts
the hitcher said:
hopefully i'll be striper fishing in the river that day. but i wil probably stop down welsh road for an hour or two. Do you think i could keep one or more alive in a 5 gallon bucket with an aerator or something like that for a couple hours? I would love to try to liveline trout for stripers. once my boat is in the water i have a large baitwell.
yeah you could.. throw a few like 3-5 ice cubes in the water... there great bait man.. you didn't hear that from me though.. i just heard they are :)

·
Registered
963 Posts
Will be out Sunday night and Monday morning till 12ish. Have my daughter that weekend so getting a late start. Fishing the Penney and Wiss, then up to White Haven for the second opening.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts