BASS BARN banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well it was a nice morning on opening day.. got there around 7am.. not many cars there at all. so we went to our usual spot.. there was 8 of us there yr. so we all say before, 5.00 for the first fish and 10.00 for the biggest but you have to either measure the fish or keep it, then if someone caught a golden rainbow you got an extra 5.00 out of us.. so most of us get in the water and 8am comes i cast had a fish wack my lure but didnt stick.. and my cousin who is 17 says i got one.. he is using powerbait.. it was a fish about 18in long and he gets to land and it jumps off the hook and in the water..well we keep fishing there and i had 2-3 there and the rest of the guys had none.. so we make our way down steam and had a few fish here and there.. so i said ok lets go to a small honey hole i have.. we get there and the place is packed but walked down to my spot and there was 2 guys there.. little deep there so great for jigs.. we all pop on trout magnets and its game on.. had a bunch here.. until my uncle fell in the water and almost got washed down stream.. i couldn't help as i was on the other side but he got up and that ended our day

·
Registered
747 Posts
Slow where we went too - Wissy. What stream were you on? 5 total for LSD and me. None in our usual starting points. Left after the rain was backing into our jacket sleeves and rolling up our arms :)

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Fished the Skippy for a couple hours before the rains came and landed about 10. All on trout magnets and small crank baits.

·
Registered
28,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
we hit pennypack... hat i forgot to add was at pine rd i was told that they only put in 4 buckets there from a CO friend of mine.. 4 buckets down from over 30 for the area the years before.. said there was only 6 buckets for all of lorimer park.. we pay millions into the PA fish commission and there skimping out on the fish.. been yrs i would catch a fish each cast.. yeah finding them is half the battle but it was very slow.. now with all this rain im sure there all going to be washed down as far as they can go lol

·
Registered
747 Posts
I hear you. I think a lot has to do with spreading the fish out everywhere now too. It used to be the Wissy was the only game in town. Honestly - I miss those days of lots of people, laughing, and the madness.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.