·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Check out some of these prizes

2010 Trout Show
Prizes of Special Interest

Main Raffle:
1) Winston Fly Rod or other rod of your choice (TCO, Bryn Mawr and Valley Forge Trout Unlimited have joined forces to bring you an unbeateable 1st prize for the Main Raffle. You can walk away from the Trout show with a Winston “WT” 2-Piece, 8’-0”, 4-weight or you can have your choice of any rod of equivalent value in the TCO Bryn Mawr shop or apply the value to any other purchase.)
2) Wheatley Fly Box with 175 Jim Clark flies (again Jim Clark has donated a superior prize – his ties are exceptional)
3) Renzetti Traveler Fly Tying Vise (as far as I am concerned the gold standard of vices)
4) Camera – Samsung, HD Movie & 10 mega pixel still camera (a terrific prize)
5) Tackle Bag, Simms “Headwater” (another gold standard prize)

Special Raffle:
1) Fly Rod, Orvis “Clearwater”, 4-piece, 8’-6”, 5-weight
2) Complete Fly Fishing travel outfit, Reddington, 7-piece, 5-weight rod with reel, line and carrying case
3) $150 Certificate for Maui Jim Polarized Sun Glasses or toward other optical services.
4) Landing net, Brodin, rubber
5) Umpqua fly boxes, a dozen dozens of trout flies, and a box full of smallmouth flies.
6) AcuRite electronic Weather Station
7) Two boxes of Jim Lowe’s spectacular flies

Silent Auction: And get a load of these…
1) A Guitar signed by Willie Nelson
2) An Airplane ride in a single engine vintage Navy Trainer with a professional pilot
3) A TFO Fly Rod signed by Lefty Kreh
4) Fishing trips: Greystones Preserve, The Tunkhannock, Yellowstone and Alaska
5) Art work: Framed Salmon fly tied by Poul Jorgensen, Framed fine art water color fishing print…

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Great raffle prizes!! I kind of like the 175 flies. With my luck, I would win the plane ride. That would be something I could do without:thumbsdown:

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great raffle prizes!! I kind of like the 175 flies. With my luck, I would win the plane ride. That would be something I could do without:thumbsdown:
Jim ties beautiful nymphs:thumbsup:
we also sell flies for $1, most are his and we have another guy who supplies us with dry flies. they donate the flies to the chapter so we can sell them for a buck and take home all of the cash. it is a great event for anyone who is close enough to get there.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
What? No evening with the Fudd? Is he otherwise engaged? someone dropped the ball, eeh...

·
Registered
4,852 Posts
Pete' I've seen some of the flies Fred fishes with for trout. You could put 175 of them on a teaspoon and still have room for sugar. The last time I went trout fishing with a mutual friend he handed me two feet of tippet and it blew away. More like floated away. :D

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Pete' I've seen some of the flies Fred fishes with for trout. You could put 175 of them on a teaspoon and still have room for sugar. The last time I went trout fishing with a mutual friend he handed me two feet of tippet and it blew away. More like floated away. :D
I went into a local shop last year, and said" Ineed half a dozen flies for trout, what do you recommend". I got this cup with a lid, and I could hardly see the flies. You need tweezers to pick then up. and a 2mph wind will blow them out of your hand. I can't see em, and I can't tie them on. They are too small. I need to use bigger flies that will work, or fish for fish that eat bigger flies.

Is there a trout assassin yet?

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
size 6 wooly bugger grandpa.. even that eye you should be able to see..sheesh...why you wanna fish for them tings anyway??? :D

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
size 6 wooly bugger grandpa.. even that eye you should be able to see..sheesh...why you wanna fish for them tings anyway??? :D
Because they are close to the house. I live right between 2 lakes. One does not have trout, but the other is stocked by 2 states. They both have pike and LMB, and 1 has SMB. I want to float around on the kayak, and see what i can get. I need to get a SMB assassin or 2 from:bow:.

·
Premium Member
5,199 Posts
I know this has no bearing, but wanted to show a fly I found, tied on a #22 scud hook.

This guy is SICK

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.