BASS BARN banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After striper fishing most of the night, I woke my son up for some trout fishing this morning at 4am. A few of our South Jersey lakes got stocked yesterday with a substantial amount of Rainbow Trout.
Did well in the dark on mealworms, powerbait was the ticket once the sun came up. My son had a blast and I wanted to pass along the stocking info for some of you guys to get the kids out one last time before winter sets in.
These fish will last a while if released carefully, some years we've caught trout straight through until the closure before opening day.
The bag limit is set at 4 right now, 6 fish is only during the spring.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Thanks Far. Conditions have been ideal for stripers and trout alike. Plenty to be had in the northerly rivers on nymphs. Bows and browns.

·
Registered
805 Posts
I went to lunch yesterday never came back. Just so happened to be the trout truck sitting at my local wtaering hole. I must of caught all 480 of them. Don't worry I let em all go. My pour rooster tail was chartruese when I started,now it looks like it was never painted. Their still some Freshwater fishing left you just gotta work alot harder now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts